• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA is in position to dominate ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever happened to that south side concourse Airtran was supposed to be building? They cleared the land but never did anything with it. I would think SWA would be all over that. It would turn ATL into a fortress for them. They even have their own runway down there.

Hey Box, long time no see. How's life? :)

On that thought process, you'd either have to construct a train to connect the passengers, OR you'd have to get approval from the TSA to set up an entirely new terminal and screening area, the equipment, thousands of extra employees, plus the irritation of having to take a bus to connect the large number of our passengers who connect to DAL's international flights after taking our flights into the hub.

Not saying it can't be done, but there's some logistics involved and time to make it happen (1-2+ years), plus the hundreds of millions of $$$ involved to build it, all to avoid ramp congestion that may cost a few hundred thousand $ a year, max. What's the cost/benefit analysis on that? (rhetorical question, none of us have the numbers for that of course, not even sure the exact dollar amount that all the ramp congestion costs us has even been calculated by the bean counters in MCO).

Interesting thought, though... :beer:

SWA rates are a target, but never forget how they got them...

god bless, and good luck to all. tomorrow is a promise to no one.

Love the avatar... all-time favorite scene from that movie.

"Don't drive angry... don't drive angry!" "That's not bad for a quadriped". :D

Whatever happened to that south side concourse Airtran was supposed to be building? They cleared the land but never did anything with it. I would think SWA would be all over that. It would turn ATL into a fortress for them. They even have their own runway down there.

If you believe that, then you really have no idea of the traffic flow in ATL.

OK... for the sake of argument, let's pretend I don't. Explain it to me.

You honestly think that the busiest airport in the world will cater to dedicating 10/28 to SWA, thus disrupting the flow of traffic? Seriously, you honestly think a MDW flight is going to be given 28 on a routine basis?

Good luck with that dream, but it ain't happening.

Love the avatar... all-time favorite scene from that movie.

"Don't drive angry... don't drive angry!" "That's not bad for a quadriped". :D

Great, underrated flick......

"Ned: Phil? Hey, Phil? Phil! Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you!
Phil: Hi, how you doing? Thanks for watching.
[Starts to walk away]
Ned: Hey, hey! Now, don't you tell me you don't remember me because I sure as heckfire remember you.
Phil: Not a chance.
Ned: Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. Ned Ryerson: I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing! Ned Ryerson: got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson: I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple times until you told me not to anymore? Well?
Phil: Ned Ryerson?
Ned: Bing!
Phil: Bing. "

"Do you want to throw up here, or in the car?"

Classic stuff!

You mean they would actually PAY for a terminal of their own to be built? That is not how they usually do it, they try to grab used property. But, if they want to shell out even more money and ensure fares stay high in ATL to pay for it, and then give DL their old gates in C and D, then I think many people would go for that. DO IT. Spend more money. BUILD YOUR OWN NEW TERMINAL.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
OK... for the sake of argument, let's pretend I don't. Explain it to me.

She doesn't? She told me she was a Delta pilot? Oh, right, that wasn't the truth.

Bye Bye--General Lee

, and then give DL their old gates in C and D

Bye Bye---General Lee

I love it when the Deltoid arrogance is right out there for everyone to see. Nice post General, nothing like showing your true colors. I guess everything in Atlanta really belongs to Mother Delta. Should we ask pretty please to use 'your' gates anywhere in the terminal?

RF

Latest resources

Back