• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They have their audience here. As long a someone responds to their post they feel vindicated. Hopefully SWA keeps hiring and growing organically for a long while. I'm in no hurry to got through this crap again.

Agreed Humvee. This stuff is done and over. I'm looking forward to hiring and hopefully some growth for all.

So you immediately went from 152/hr to over 180 BECAUSE of SW.

Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. We turned down higher hourly rates in a previous TA, before SW was in the picture . Was SW responsible for those rates also?

You are actually saying we gave Gary relief on our contract to screw you? You really need to put the crack pipe down. That's insane.

Do you have difficulty with reading comprehension? I'm saying that Gary wanted savings from SWAPA and SWAPA wanted 850 upgrades and a 10-15% seniority bump. They made a deal. Gary would publicly say some scary stuff and SWAPA would agree to no raises for the -800 or international flying, code share, red eyes, etc.

It amazing that you still feel the need to try and justify the most lop-sided seniority integration in history, where every captain from a profitable airline loses his seat. Your side played dirty pool and won. We all know what really happened here. Enjoy your victory.

Last edited:
Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. We turned down higher hourly rates in a previous TA, before SW was in the picture . Was SW responsible for those rates also?

Do you have difficulty with reading comprehension? I'm saying that Gary wanted savings from SWAPA and SWAPA wanted 850 upgrades and a 10-15% seniority bump. They made a deal. Gary would publicly say some scary stuff and SWAPA would agree to no raises for the -800 or international flying, code share, red eyes, etc.

It amazing that you still feel the need to try and justify the most lop-sided seniority integration in history, where every captain from a profitable airline loses his seat. Your side played dirty pool and won. We all know what really happened here. Enjoy your victory.

Why don't you contact Lear70 and PCl and ask them what they did to stop posting on this site. I am sure it help them and it could help you. What part of ITS OVER don't you understand? Do you think by posting all your feelings will change anything? Really, get a life so we can start reading some good information rather than how you feel. We all know how you feel and really don't care.

Why don't you contact Lear70 and PCl and ask them what they did to stop posting on this site. I am sure it help them and it could help you. What part of ITS OVER don't you understand? Do you think by posting all your feelings will change anything? Really, get a life so we can start reading some good information rather than how you feel. We all know how you feel and really don't care.

If you don't like what I have to say, please put me on your ignore list.

It is over but it is not forgotten. It is appropriate in an interview thread. Starry eyed F-16 pilots from Luke may have read Herb's book and may mistakenly apply to an airline that is nothing like the book. They have a management that is not in tune and out of touch. Senior pilots have said that the down hill slide has been happening since 2008. GK has left his mark. Unfortunately it is a skid mark on his tighty whities.

Make sure you share your misery with an former Morris Pilot, they will just love to hear about your pain.

"Really? Every single upgrade starting 1/1/2015 will be a former AirTran guy. Every one. Even with no growth whatsoever, that's several hundred per year, starting Jan 2015, based on retirements alone."................

ONLY IF THERE ARE VACANCIES!

SWA staffing numbers at 10.5 crew per aircraft. 800 upgrades in two years. When was the last time that SWA upgraded 800 in two years?

Retirements around 750 or so over the next four years. Aircraft deliveries deferred. Less than 60 Airtram 737's. MAYBE some foreign leased aircraft to replace 300's and 500's. ASM's will increase but pilot numbers will not.

Flattish will be what you see regardless of what your bag tag says. Your negotiating power was signed away with each and every SL that has been signed away. You got your seats and now GK is going to get what he wants. He can increase the RASM with increased ASM's and the international operations that will eventually evolve at the current glacial place. He will show the board that he can get his 15% ROIC and keep his pilots in line.

The last part about negotiations progress is directly related to pilot cost. Got retro written in contractual language or are you reliant upon the good nature of GK and his minions?

Yes, really. Every upgrade starting 1/1/2015 will be FAT pilots. There will be vacancies for the reasons stated.

800 captains is roughly half of the number of AirTran pilots brought aboard. Adding 1600 new pilots added equals about 800 new captains. Do you have a problem with that math? Or are you really implying that the company purposely upgraded too many captains, and is paying them Southwest captain wages when they don't need them, just to screw you? Good God, you should see someone about your paranoia.

The fact is, the company generally runs lean on captains because they are so expensive. Captain reserves get used nearly every day of their blocks, while FOs do not get used as much. There will still be retirements and increased vacation coverage needs after the end of 2014 (and the resultant need for more captains). Despite your pessimistic doomsday forecast.

<begin rant>
On second thought, you're right. Southwest purposely frontloaded on captains they didn't need just to screw you. SWAPA conspired to help them do so. There'll never be another upgrade after 2014 for any reason, and Southwest will slowly wither away to nothing, all just to spite you. Too bad we can't be run as well as AirTran was. And you know the best part? I don't care. I'm happy you're getting screwed. I'd gladly destroy the airline and lose my job if it hurts you. I stopped caring when you couldn't stop whining like a little girl.
<sarcastic rant over>

Wow, I feel better now. Anything else I can do to help?

Bubba

What part of ITS OVER don't you understand?

That quote reminds me of Hillary Clinton testifying in front of congress...."What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Pretty weak -9.

Four guys died in Benghazi. Not even close to the same.

This fighting over the acquisition is over. The train has long left the station. If you want to stay unhappy about it going forward, then have at it.

Latest resources

Back