• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right on, hope it is good for you guys. If it has any pay raises or better quality of life, you guys are in good shape considering the shape of the aviation industry.

I dont think so.

I'd be very surprised if we furloughed.
They've been talking about it forever.
I'm going to bet (hope?) no furlough.

Well the email from Carl said nothing for at least 12 months regarding the F word. So if he says it it must be true....just like TA1 was a good deal and to vote Yes.

Talk to one of are FA union reps the other day, and they have not said one thing about the f word. They are 700-1000 Fa's fat. but what helps off set that is thier new sick policy. I guess after thier TA passed they have about 700 sick calls a day. That would suck if we do get laid off. Oh well guess I'll go back to flying biz jets.

I'd like to publicly thank Parker for my free 737-300 type before he furloughed.
(AQP @ Airways is a good thing......)
I'll be ready if SWA ever starts interviewing again.....

To all my SWA friends good luck with the vote!

New hiring won't occur for awhile for the reasons stated. That doesn't mean there isn't good news on the horizon, short-term and long term.

51 round trip flights added back to the schedule in March. This won't take care of the overage by very many but that trend is in the right direction and the first announced increase of any size for sometime.

The maturing of the route structures on the east coast and the additional of the S. Florida airport in May will cause some more gains...not huge but a trend upward.

There is always the possibility of new routes to Mexico or the Caribbean if SWA management wishes to test the waters....certainly the pilots are ready to do that.

Still lots of uncertainty with the middle east still brewing, the impact of the Obama administration deficits and impacts on borrowing/debt service by airlines who have some huge payments to make in 2010, cap/trade legislation that will raise the cost of energy and much more.

SWA will finish off paying its debt for the fuel hedges in '10 which is good.

A difficult time to make money in the industry but a few are making it and congrats to them and their employees.

SWA has some bright folks in the pilot group and management that can hopefully find the sweet spot for generating additional revenue....that has always been a strength for the company. Furloughs are a possibility in any scenario but I believe SWA is minimizing the risk to use that option and would only after all other options have been exercised. That is something I'm confident in saying that most airline management teams don't subscribe to.

Cheers

Chase -- I get the realistic view, but what about the optimist. F9/Republic sells 10 gates and United sells 10 gates. New SWA pilot base -- Denver with family ski packages and the poolies are the leading edge of a fantastic hiring boom. Sorry, democrats in the WH. Good Luck to the poolies.

ATA smartbrief believes Vancouver and Calgary not far off. And rumor has it there could be some draining of the pool as soon as the end of the year. To me the optimists have it- there's just a lot of opportunity out there- might not happen as quick as we'd like- but it's still a very well run airline. Everyone keeps fighting- and I see good things coming. But plan for the worst- budget to be able to live a year on unemployment and sock the rest away- if you end up with more cash when wn starts growing again- that's a good thing.

I was talking to the asst. chief of my domicile recently and he brought up furloughs being a possibility. Could have been a fear grenade to influence the TA 2 vote but I think more than likely not. I am afraid the poolies won't be exiting anytime soon and there ain't gonna be any interviewing either. I have taken a pay cut and watched my bidding power go down the last few months from all these shoulder cuts. On the bright side, this prolonged era of no hiring might mean they flush the interview team and start over with a new one in a couple of years when we resume.

I was talking to the asst. chief of my domicile recently and he brought up furloughs being a possibility. Could have been a fear grenade to influence the TA 2 vote but I think more than likely not. I am afraid the poolies won't be exiting anytime soon and there ain't gonna be any interviewing either. I have taken a pay cut and watched my bidding power go down the last few months from all these shoulder cuts. On the bright side, this prolonged era of no hiring might mean they flush the interview team and start over with a new one in a couple of years when we resume.

Awe whats wrong with Lindsey, she seemed kind of sweet to me?
:confused:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back