• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA hiring more.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lastest bid award (May) shows junior DAL FO as a 22JAN14 hire.

Hardly "years."

Wright Amendment goes away in 190ish days and they'll be adding quite a few to cover the increased flying.

My recent class was awarded LAS, PHX and OAK. Depends on your seniority in class. By age.
Need to remember that this is a result of senior AT guys staying at AT. Once 2015 rolls around, this place will quickly shift back to a long slog from OAK back East. Pre AT merger, getting to DAL/HOU took 18 months, I expect that to return.

Or you could get lucky and get it in a month:)

Need to remember that this is a result of senior AT guys staying at AT. Once 2015 rolls around, this place will quickly shift back to a long slog from OAK back East. Pre AT merger, getting to DAL/HOU took 18 months, I expect that to return.

Or you could get lucky and get it in a month:)

I agree with that last sentence about 18 months. But right now there are significant vacancies being added throughout the system. On the FO side your chances of getting a reserve line in your domicile of choice is pretty good except for MCO/ATL maybe. Captain is completely different. The road to a senior base is long there.

Are people still gonna run out and get a type to work at southwest? That's a lot of money to pay considering every other airline is hiring from now through the indefinite future.

Are people still gonna run out and get a type to work at southwest? That's a lot of money to pay considering every other airline is hiring from now through the indefinite future.

I don't know about getting it in the future, but a carrier like Allegiant has lots of people with the 737 type that got it years ago (pre-2010ish) for the SWA plan. Pilots in both seats and I bet a few might apply to SWA. I bet the regionals still have plenty of pilots with the 737 type that never got called yet but want in.

Is OAK still the junior base? Any idea how long to hold DAL?

All timing.....took me almost 3 years to hold DAL. Then a 2014 new hire holds it right away (happy for him).

The last vacancy bid was misleading because there were more new hires in the bid than transitions (88 vs. 30). Furthermore there were big + numbers in BWI and MCO. Hence, AT bidders filled the east coast which left the central US open to everyone else (i.e.. Junior).

The bid prior..... the most junior into DAL was a 7,000 seniority numbers.

Long story short: DAL (or any base east of PHX) could be 1 month or 5 years.....just don't know.

Not true. The memo specifically states the type is not necessary for the interview, but will be required for employment.
What the memeostates and what is being accomplished are two different animals, only those with types are being called, ask the PD.

Latest resources

Back