• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hiring 140 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your FOs are going to be saying the same thing. The big difference now is that your airline isn't as profitable as it was, the merger will take a lot of cash away and cause problems, and a younger group is coming in, with very few retirements for the next decade. Can you dispute any of that? You can't. Enjoy your next leg to LIT.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Fact....we are profitable for going on, what 35 or 40 years?

Fact....we don't have any F/O's in the right seat anywhere near the 15+ years you have been yanking gear

Fact...our 3 or 4 year 737 F/O's are making MORE than you do as a 15 year international, wide body position reporter.

Fact...with ever increasing codeshare, you are looking at another 5 years just to get to narrow body, domestic PBS reserve Puke and our 6 year F/O's will STILL be making more than you and they will have weekends and holidays off.

Fact...these realities will hit home when if your lucky, your next contract will give you a raise from Valujet wages to Old Airtran wages in exchange for expanded Codeshare....

Genital Lee Davis ...career F/O

Buh Bye--General Sherman

Fact...our 3 or 4 year 737 F/O's are making MORE than you do as a 15 year international, wide body position reporter.

Buh Bye--General Sherman

Hmmmm....according to APC: 4 yr WN FO=$115/hr.

top scale DL wide body FO=about $150/hr. ($4/hr intl override on there and averaging the 2 widebody fleets. )

in my mind 150 is more than 115...but I am just a cargo pilot so what the he11 do I know.

top scale DL wide body FO=about $150/hr. ($4/hr intl override on there and averaging the 2 widebody fleets. )

in my mind 150 is more than 115...but I am just a cargo pilot so what the he11 do I know.

Sacka is figuring in all the overtime and extra trips they can pick up, keeping Jr. Capts and F/Os on reserve indefinitely.

Ummm...there are are a little more to our pay and work rules than that. With time and a half or double time etc. The real monthly and yearly pay rates far exceed that...but if it makes you guys happy....stick with that in your ALPA negotiating strategy sessions.....Management leaves the room snickering and shaking their heads wondering where ALPA finds these guys......

Ummm...there are are a little more to our pay and work rules than that. With time and a half or double time etc. The real monthly and yearly pay rates far exceed that...but if it makes you guys happy....stick with that in your ALPA negotiating strategy sessions.....Management leaves the room snickering and shaking their heads wondering where ALPA finds these guys......

So WN is the only company with work rules and double time or time and a half? Do you really believe that?

Where in my above post did I say that? Really? It wasn't a long post....

I will give you a quick example. I believe my Delta buds told me they can Green Slip once a month if they can fit it in with their PBS schedule which is fairly fixed.....

We have unlimited access to premium flying every month...no limits.....
During bad weather months in the summer and winter, a lot of guys will give away all their trips and only pick up Premium flying. Some like myself will only pick up one or two Premium trips a month......I think I am at 189 per trip whatever 12 year Capt pay is....and without to much effort can easily fly 120 trips or with a lot of time on the computer, fly 140 to 160....189 x 160.....do the math....

So WN is the only company with work rules and double time or time and a half? Do you really believe that?

No, but name one passenger airline that pilots get premium pay on a regular basis? I have not flow a straight time trip at SWA in over a year and a half.

As far as work rules, I think GL/OY6 have no clue about DAL work rules. Everyone that I know who fly's for DAL bitces about how bad the work rules are. Also,They can not pick up flying at straight pay,(nothing open) let a lone X1.5

If you're around 50% in your seat you can easily pick up POT in most bases. If you can hold a Tuesday-Wed-Th line and wait for the weekend POT flood, it's nearly impossible to be under 120 or 130 a month. I looked back and so far I've only had 2 months under 120 this year, and I'm not all that senior and REALLY don't work that hard. Fly smart, not hard.

I'll bet your reserve guys think the world of you.

Latest resources

Back