• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hiring 140 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must be a sign of how well Southwest operates/treats people.

-Had an issue uploading an updated resume and emailed IT with a question. Within an hour "they" changed the format and made a few minor changes for me and even uploaded the new resume to the pilot credentials thing for me.

Seems like a company with people who actually want to be there, from the custodial engineers on up!

Must be a sign of how well Southwest operates/treats people.

-Had an issue uploading an updated resume and emailed IT with a question. Within an hour "they" changed the format and made a few minor changes for me and even uploaded the new resume to the pilot credentials thing for me.

Seems like a company with people who actually want to be there, from the custodial engineers on up!

Good luck hope to see you in DAL this winter.

In this environment, are 140 new pilots actually going to show on property? Or is this just another "friendly reminder" from management to pull the yes lever?

"My MEC speaks for me!"

Half your MEC is on the lam for their lack of judgement dude. They cost you personally at least a cool mil.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to upload their resume in PDF format or is everyone really converting to .txt format? PDF looks much better.

Fly4unclesam:

The following info is "my" opinion only.

Please use .txt format. SAVE AS as an RTF. You might wonder why? You are correct in that a PDF looks better. The use of a program that "scans" resumes might be utilized. It does not work on a PDF (as a PDF is read only). Scanning programs identify certain keywords, such as, correlating total time into a numeric field, and certain other "words" that may or may not "ping" the system. For example, some companies ping words like "honor" as in honor society, or "check" as in check airman. AGAIN, just MY opinion.

Best of luck.

Let it go, geesh. We are way beyond semantics at this point.

If it makes you feel better, let's call it the "mother of all acquisitions", or the "be all end all of acquisitions".

Oops, I forgot to capitalize the "A".

Let it go, geesh. We Are wAy beyond semAntics At this point.

If it mAkes you feel better, let's cAll it the "mother of all Acquisitions", or the "be All end All of Acquisitions".

I go it for ya.:eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back