• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hiring 140 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not from me. It's always the money in my world. I'm not asking for favors... Just would like a new hire spot.

Hey crash u and I are on the same page. Im just stick of all the kill it guys from aip1. That are now crying they don't get the Same pay on the 717. Ready to move on.

This is probably a premature question, but does anyone know if the "SWA Pilot Credentials" site will be reopened for this new round of interviews/hiring? I heard SWA had a couple issues with this site during the last application window.

Thanks in advance for any info. Looking fwd to more news re: SWA hiring.

They are assuming a "yes" vote from both sides. These pilots are to help out with the transition training. Still, very good news to SWA and AAI pilots. There will be more for hired for summer time. And, then even more hired late in 2012 for retirements coming up in a little more than a year.

Bake

Doesn't this just "grease the skids" a bit more for the yes vote? Good news and growth always make it easier to swallow.

I can see a scenario here where a November 2011 new-hire SW FO who is not even on property yet will hit year 2 FO pay in november 2012 and be making more than AT FO's on the 717 (not by choice) who are in year 3 and 4 for the next 2+ years. The new-hire will make many thousands of dollars more than the more senior AT (even some who have crossed the fence to SW) pilot before they are on the same rates in 2015. In some cases even SW new-hires in 2012 and 2013 will enjoy this pay advantage for some period of time. Many 717 FO's wll be less valued employees than even the SW "unborn." I wonder if this scenario was considered.

Anyway, it is what it is but this could make some folks feel their contributions to our company (and their families by extension) are less valued than that of others. In any case, I'll accept it and be a good sport about it because it can't be changed and I have no control over it, I just wanted to point it out. Congratulations to all the SW new-hires, I look forward to working with you and I look forward to 2015 when I can be a full member of the team too.

Reality check.

Suck it up my future brother. There are MANY of you guys that will be making 3-4 year pay HIGHER than the guy SENIOR to you on the overall list that was actually hired by Southwest.

Get over it..... or not.

Gup

Here we go again..... HATE YOUR OWN MEC WHO DIDN'T PUT IT OUT FOR A VOTE.

Done!

SWA is alright in my book, they gave me a 30K raise on arrival then offered another 60K. My loyalty is way cheaper than that... Which they figured out!

Stated earlier when I said: Dear ALPA I hate you.

Hey crash u and I are on the same page. Im just stick of all the kill it guys from aip1. That are now crying they don't get the Same pay on the 717. Ready to move on.

You are naive if you don't think this was part of the script from the beginning. The FL group was played like a fiddle, there never was any intention of paying parity rates. How many times has WN mgmt flipped back and forth between "liking the 717 numbers" to 'it's a money loser". This same airframe is single-handedly responsible from bringing FL back from near bankruptcy after 911. It will be the interim A/C to replace the pop-top 73's till new ones start coming online, at an accelerated rate- right about when the leases expire.
Look for wage concessions at the next section six- SWAPA will do as their told, just like you were.

Look for wage concessions at the next section six- SWAPA will do as their told, just like you were.

You are obsessed w/ your hate towards SWA. Some counseling might help.

You never did say who you fly for, Are you to embarrassed to say?

I am sure pay cuts are around the corner, as our new markets to the Caribbean, Hawaii, and elsewhere will be lose leaders :)

Again, who do you fly for?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back