• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hiring 140 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please don't lump the rest of us at Alaska in w Fubi. We are a pretty good little ole airline ourselves...

Mookie

Not really trying to do that; just yanking his chain a little. Hey, if you see him, remind him that he owes me $100. Thanks!

Bubba

Well if you are on the b scale until 2015 it sucks when a new hire makes more.

These are also sim slots that could be used to get 717 guys over to the 737.

I was over it one AIP ago. Liked the first one. ALPA saved me from myself.
Ok, 717 guys don't go over Untill to 2013. So how does that hurt 717 guy? You should pissed at magnificent 7, who brought all this sh!t on us.

New hire at SWA gets a 737 slot. In 2014 he is making 101ish an hour. In 2014 our 717 guys will make a lot less. Get it? In 2015 it's all under the bridge.

I'm mad at the mag seven and all our pilots egging them on. You know the guys who "thought it would go straight to mediation" or RM spewing BS until he hit Dallas then realized he wasn't that smart.

It would almost be worth a NO to see those guys hit the street. The marriages fail, kids yanked from private school, the reality of the job market... Excited for it to be over.

Not good for a trapped 717 guy. Dear ALPA I hate you!

I can see a scenario here where a November 2011 new-hire SW FO who is not even on property yet will hit year 2 FO pay in november 2012 and be making more than AT FO's on the 717 (not by choice) who are in year 3 and 4 for the next 2+ years. The new-hire will make many thousands of dollars more than the more senior AT (even some who have crossed the fence to SW) pilot before they are on the same rates in 2015. In some cases even SW new-hires in 2012 and 2013 will enjoy this pay advantage for some period of time. Many 717 FO's wll be less valued employees than even the SW "unborn." I wonder if this scenario was considered.

Anyway, it is what it is but this could make some folks feel their contributions to our company (and their families by extension) are less valued than that of others. In any case, I'll accept it and be a good sport about it because it can't be changed and I have no control over it, I just wanted to point it out. Congratulations to all the SW new-hires, I look forward to working with you and I look forward to 2015 when I can be a full member of the team too.

This is good for all no matter- don't get wrapped in comparisons- what someone else makes doesn't pay your bills. We're all employed Making what we have been and this is the first sign that this'll lead to greater things

All I have to say is SWA doesn't hire to furlough. If we are hiring pilots then they have plans...SWA runs a lean machine so this is promising. Am I saying we will grow? No, but what I am saying is GK can't really tell us what he really wants to do until we intergrate the big 3. (pilots/FAs/MX). Just read an article from wall street saying SWA stock is on the real cheap...undervalued. They seem to think that if GK has his way, the stock price will double or triple in the next year. (Of course Obama and Co might prevent this).

Deleted post for unsportsman-like conduct. Disregard if you happened to read it. Can't wait to get this SLI stuff behind us.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back