• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA going to MKE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm going to put my money on AAI... They're already established there and offer great value for their fares, XM radio and soon WIFI. Southwest has neither of those nor a business class like AAI does... And btw, I think AAI made some money last quarter-- SWA lost a bit...

I'm putting my money on airline management...either way, the pilots will get screwed. JBLU pilots are not smart enough to organize even with their pitiful pay rates, SWA pilots are voting in a TA lagging every other employee group, AAI pilots are in disarray...yep, my money is on management to get paid no matter how poorly they do at ANY airport. The rest is just noise.

I'm going to put my money on AAI... They're already established there and offer great value for their fares, XM radio and soon WIFI. Southwest has neither of those nor a business class like AAI does... And btw, I think AAI made some money last quarter-- SWA lost a bit...

Honestly, if I hear this asinine argument one more time from yet another FI know-it-all, I think I'll hurl! Southwest became the largest domestic carrier in the USA in spite of no first-class, no meals, and no IFE. So can we please dispense with that utterly useless comparison! Apparently most travelers are more concerned with a reasonable ticket price, an expectation that they will actually get to their destination on time, and customer service that is not on par with the DMV.

Honestly, if I hear this asinine argument one more time from yet another FI know-it-all, I think I'll hurl!! Southwest became the largest domestic carrier in the USA in spite of no first-class, no meals, and no IFE. So can we please dispense with that utterly useless comparison!! Apparently most travelers are more concerned with a reasonable ticket price, an expectation that they will actually get to their destination on time, and customer service that is not on par with the DMV!!

Hmmm. Touch a nerve did we?

And don't forget that nearly BILLION DOLLARS in fuel hedges you guys have to repay over the next four years.

And don't forget that nearly BILLION DOLLARS in fuel hedges you guys have to repay over the next four years.

don't worry, we won't. and maybe our union will even bring it up at some point. I had a BOD member on the J/S and mentioned it to him, he didn't know what I was talking about. a little scary. not that it matters that much, it is what it is. the 3 company fuel hedgers have put the other 32,000 employees into a deep stall, the rest of us get to fly it out over the next 3 years. We pissed away our advantage when we were making beaucoup bucks from fuel hedges by underpricing our product. no major players went under. everyone else got their costs down, and now here we are 4 years later, with an added 250 million a year in bad hedges to pay off. karma is a biatch.

Hmmm. Touch a nerve did we?

Why did you add all those exclamation points, bold face, and larger font size when you quoted my original post? Nice editorializing there, Colonel....you've got a real future in print journalism if this aviation thing doesn't pan out for you. :rolleyes:

My response was not directed at the Tranny specifically. If you review the FI archives you will see my point that the same tired argument has been brought up ad nauseam with SWA vs. Frontier, jetblue, Virgin, etc, etc, etc.

P.S. Thanks for your concern over our hedges, but don't get too smug about them yet. Last I looked jet-A was $60/bbl and rising...

Last I looked jet-A was $60/bbl and rising...
which is going to cost us as well, since we got rid of most of our hedges and no longer have the cash to hedge much in the future. the billion in payoffs is independent of where oil goes. if it goes to 10 bucks or 140 bucks, we still owe a billion dollars over the next 4 or so years.

which is going to cost us as well, since we got rid of most of our hedges and no longer have the cash to hedge much in the future. the billion in payoffs is independent of where oil goes. if it goes to 10 bucks or 140 bucks, we still owe a billion dollars over the next 4 or so years.

I stand corrected....we're screwed. Wasn't this thread about MKE?

I thought LUV hedges were still in place though 2012 or 16. LUV just unwound 2009 and 2010.

Why did you add all those exclamation points, bold face, and larger font size when you quoted my original post? Nice editorializing there, Colonel.... :rolleyes:

Well I just added a few, one each to the first two you used, and then the last line was the only one that didn't have one, so..... And the font size and bold face seemed to match your level of pique over the matter, so I did indulge a little. No offence intended, and it is FI you know. haha (Tranny's hedged at $60/bbl, btw)

Hey, you guys may get your hair mussed a little the next few years, but you've had a really good ride for a while now. That's all anyone is good for in this business.

Latest resources

Back