• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA going to MKE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MSN, home of the Badgers is the where the real excitement is... they were drinking pitchers by the lake at the student union on a tuesday morning at 1100am... Pilots paradise..

"no way SWA will make it there...they don't know how to operate in cold weather"

Told to me by a flight Attendant when SWA started service into BWI in 1993 with flights to just 2 destinations...her airline had the most flights at BWI at that time.

It's going to be hard for Republic to compete against SWA in MKE!

I don't know why you compare Sw to Rep we're no even close yet!!!

A friend of mine make this funny joke!!:

"why fly Southwest when you can pay 100 bucks more to fly on the mighty 170 and get attitude from our FA's.... oh that is right, you get 2 cookies! Genius!":smash:

in a totall serius note this could be Midwest final dagger!!!

:puke:management!!!

"no way SWA will make it there...they don't know how to operate in cold weather"

Told to me by a flight Attendant when SWA started service into BWI in 1993 with flights to just 2 destinations...her airline had the most flights at BWI at that time.

And you married her.

Has SWA hedged on de-icing fluid?

Bye Bye--General Lee

MSN & Memorial Union...

Climbhappy - Are you from MSN? I grew up there and went to UW for undergrad and law school. There is simply no better place in the world (to us UW Badgers) to drink a beer than the Memorial Union about this time of year. The wildlife is usually quite plentiful and happy that it's spring!

AAI will turn tail and run...guarantee it. A slow, quiet reduction in flying in spite of recent announcements. Not enough $$$ on hand to punch it out with SWA over a long haul. The SW hedges will be paying off for years to come, even while they are gone now. $ucks for weaklings like AAI, Midwest, etc., but hey that's Capitalism. Wouldn't change it for the world. Obama on the other hand...

A The SW hedges will be paying off for years to come, even while they are gone now.

if you mean that SWA will be paying money to settle our hedging debts, then yes, you are correct. if you mean that we're making money on hedges, you are dead wrong.

We would've made 30 million in the first quarter and instead lost 20, due to a 50 million real money hedge cost.

we have another 950 million that we owe over the next 3 years or so, about 250 a year plus a little after that. So, we don't start making money for the year until we make at least 250 million to pay off the hedging hangover. karma's a biatch and it is time for us to pay up for all the undercharging we did when we were making money on hedges.

didn't you wonder why airtran and jetblue both posted profits in the first quarter and SWA didn't. hedging. bad hedging.

Latest resources

Back