SWA going to Denver!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HalinTexas said:
For an airline that says they want to see ATA make it, they sure aren't doing us any favors.

Halin....I wish all of you the best of luck but c'mon......didn't you see that one coming?

GREAT!!!! I can finally use all my free tickets without having to drive first to a service city.

They dumped SFO a few years back, landing fees were too high and WX delays too common. I hate that airport.

So SWA is going into Denver. So much with the argument of why they can't go into DFW. I luv you SWA but you need to stop whining about the Wright thing. By announcing you are going into Denver, you have no more excuses for North Texas.

Chuck Yogourt said:
So SWA is going into Denver. So much with the argument of why they can't go into DFW. I luv you SWA but you need to stop whining about the Wright thing. By announcing you are going into Denver, you have no more excuses for North Texas.

What? One has nothing to do with the other, but you can try to explain.

What people fail to realize is we do not want to get stuck taxiing behind American at DFW any more than we have to. I know this is going to start a war over how we taxi but if you ever get stuck behind an AA jet, you'll know what I mean. Now imagine several hundred of them who are out to get us!

I had a check airman on my jumpseat the other day who said he was giving a new Captain his UOE (IOE FOR CA at SWA). He said the guy was great but he taxied so slow they were almost going backwards. His words were " You are doing great but if we have to pull over to let American by we're going to have to talk!"

I though that was funny.

Last edited:
Chuck Yogourt said:

Yawn .....
nice try, but you cannot compare a location with an alternate airport and one without.

I'm gonna do some great skiing!!!!

Chuck Yogourt said:

Whaaaa??? SWA has never said they "Can't" go to DFW....they have said they "Won't" go to DFW....Huge difference. Especially when other airport managements and airline managements are trying to make their decisions for them. Knida like your next door neighbor telling you what kind of car you should buy.

The argument is....get rid of the restrictions at DAL....plain and simple. Last time I checked, this industry was deregulated.

Tejas

Latest resources

Back