Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See what I mean.......

Loud and Clear!!!

C'mon Gup......just so I'm clear, you guys want to bust out the stapler WHY??

An acquisition?? Is it cause the AT guys don't pass muster, or have the "luv"?? Seriously, WHY??

Loud and Clear!!!

C'mon Gup......just so I'm clear, you guys want to bust out the stapler WHY??

An acquisition?? Is it cause the AT guys don't pass muster, or have the "luv"?? Seriously, WHY??
That's right, keep "AirTranz mines AirTranz"

I think the crews at AT would be a great asset to SWA, I know lots of AT guys and spent a lot of years in Da A-T-L working along side them, I don't think ANY SWA guy thinks the AT guys aren't worthy of a SWA job. If there WERE a SWA-AT deal (which I think is a long shot) the relative integration of the AT guys would have nothing to do with their "quality" it's just the way this business works. Unfair, but reality. Just ask the TWA guys.

Dudes, come on. I've got nothing but LUV for you guys. Plus, I thought I'd add a little levity to the discussion.

Ever see the double pump fake? I think there's a pretty good chance that Mr. Kelly is lobbing his statements out there to force someone who doesn't have the kind of cash in the bank we do to make a move and further weaken themselves. That would set up all kinds of interesting senarios.

Either that or we just by Frontier and get it over with. Canada and Mexico with one check. Plus they're cool dudes. Don't take offense. I've got nothing against Da Tranny. I'm just not man enough to run wild in ATL like you guys.

Peace,
Gup

p.s. I'll let you guys decide on the seniority list. I don't have the effort to deal with that one. Either way is fine with me.

When Morris was purchased in 1994, the company wanted to interview all of those guys. SWAPA said NO! "We are taking all of them or none of them." They were stapled, but Captains were pay-protected. Pulling gear sucks but at least there was a job for them. By the way, the old lady at Morris was shopping the airline anyway and without Southwest, they would've all been on the street, most likely. Acquisitions suck for the acquired. Who knows what will happen, I just wanted to mention that SWAPA isn't the Devil incarnate.

But I thought SWA was the happiest, kindest, most well-intentioned company in the world, and that anyone would give up their firstborn child to work there. SWA would NEVER do anything bad to anyone. Especially pilots.

At least, that's what I read on the SWA Pool thread.

AirTran buyout by SWA isn't going to happen.

GK mentioned that AirTran was the only airline with similiar costs, he didn't say he was looking at them as an acquisition target. GK mentioned AirTran, that should be the clue to everyone that he isn't planning on an acquisition. He would never have named them if he was serious about an acquisition.

All you LUV boys, just put your staple away for now and you AirTran boys put your knives and B737 bids aside for now.

Merry Christmas to All!

But I thought SWA was the happiest, kindest, most well-intentioned company in the world, and that anyone would give up their firstborn child to work there. SWA would NEVER do anything bad to anyone. Especially pilots.

At least, that's what I read on the SWA Pool thread.

So when do you start?

SLC
:cool:

Latest resources

Back