• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA GK talks about the industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry Neely, RedDog is right. Historically, SWA doesn't merge, they buy. Buyer calls the shots. Just ask the Transtar or the Morris folks. I hope AirTran stands alone.

Best regards for the new year to all on the FI board.
B727Driver, turning kerosene into noise.

I don't remember 5 to 1 mentioned, but it's possible. If it was, it certainly wasn't mentioned by many of us. I favored DOH, as I do with all mainline/mainline mergers, and that would have been a loss of seniority for me personally. The words "staple" and "reinterview" should never even be mentioned in a merger between two mainline carriers.

PCL,

So now you are a "mainline"??? Who's your Commuter??

I believe you are a major LCC last I checked

PCL,

So now you are a "mainline"??? Who's your Commuter??

I believe you are a major LCC last I checked

I love it..... Bill and PCL arguing over stupid labels of who is a "mainline" pilot..... they are both poster children of what's wrong with ALPA..... these labels are solely in the eye of the beholder.......

Ladies, don't get all wrapped tight, this deal with AirTran isn't happening. If SWA buys anyone it will be WestJet and I'm sure the SWA boys will show them lots of LUV.:uzi:

No one is, I believe. Unlike some "mainlines", his airline didn't give away all it's scope for a few more dollars.

....actually, Air Wisconsin did some regional flying for Air Tran.... They never "gave away" anything..... they never had it to start......

I know. I was just amused at Bill getting wound up about "mainline" vs "major" like it really matters. :)

Latest resources

Back