SWA FOs voted the thing down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c9skytrain

A pretty good article breaking down the vote by position and base. This may be old news to SWA members, but for the rest of us it may have some good info. As I am not a SWA person, I am curious as to why the bases broke out that way.

It has the following catagories.

Vote by rank
Rank For Against First officers 38.6% 61.4% Captains 59.6% 40.4%

Vote by base
Base For Against Baltimore 43.8% 56.3% Chicago 51.9% 48.1% Dallas 50.8% 49.2% Houston 52.4% 47.6% Las Vegas 52.9% 47.1% Oakland 47.3% 52.7% Orlando 41.6% 58.4% Phoenix 51.9% 48.1%
Breakdown of "yes" vote by base

A pretty good article breaking down the vote by position and base. This may be old news to SWA members, but for the rest of us it may have some good info. As I am not a SWA person, I am curious as to why the bases broke out that way.

It has the following catagories.

Vote by rank
Rank For Against First officers 38.6% 61.4% Captains 59.6% 40.4%

Vote by base
Base For Against Baltimore 43.8% 56.3% Chicago 51.9% 48.1% Dallas 50.8% 49.2% Houston 52.4% 47.6% Las Vegas 52.9% 47.1% Oakland 47.3% 52.7% Orlando 41.6% 58.4% Phoenix 51.9% 48.1%
Breakdown of "yes" vote by base

Vegas had a large percentage of YES voters because their SWAPA representative has been spewing fear of Furloughs and Immediate Arbitration if the TA would not pass.

After facing the realities of Age 65, they probably had their Captain BS detectors re-calibrated.

Vegas had a large percentage of YES voters because their SWAPA representative has been spewing fear of Furloughs and Immediate Arbitration if the TA would not pass.

You might want to explain to your SWAPA reps that arbitration under Section 6 of the RLA is voluntary. It can't be forced on you for rejecting a TA.

You might want to explain to your SWAPA reps that arbitration under Section 6 of the RLA is voluntary. It can't be forced on you for rejecting a TA.

Trust me, I know. They know. But we have a lot of pilots here that are flying their first airline. They have no clue how this RLA thing works and some SWAPA members have been taking advantage of this by spreading the doom and gloom around to try and get this turd TA voted in.

Latest resources

Back