Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA flight continues for 75 minutes after rapid depresurization!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Monday Morning QB's...."well they shoulda...."

PuuuuuhhhLEEEEZZZE!

You guys that second guess everything are the ones that circle in the air aimlessly trying to make a decision until....oops... the low level lights come on!

these guys did a great job...handled the abnormal...evaluated the situation...conferred with all their resources...obviously no structural damage or integrity issues...made a decision....continued on to destination saving SWA money and saving PAX from major inconvenience(s).

If it were a big deal they woulda put "Land ASAP at nearest suitable airport." in QRH!

DONE!

LEAVE EM ALONE!

GuppyWN said:
Remember the Alaska guys last year. Masks dropped in the climb. They continued to LA? and climbed to FL410!

Gup

Now that was not very smart. They were both violated as I recall.

Anyone who thinks they were unwise to continue to MHT in my opinion does not use judgment in their decision process. Even without the QRH, where is the urgency to land? So they land at another airport, MEL the pressurization and continue to MHT.

These guys did the right thing. Far from being heroes. But good job on them. Unlike a couple others on this thread that would have declared and emergency and landed god knows where.:rolleyes:

indiglo said:
and you can bet that dispatch and ops were on board with that decisioin.

Actually if dispatch was making the decision I bet they would have diverted to a mx base.;)

This actually happened to me a while back going from somewhere in the north east into MDW. Not soon after reaching cruise altitude the forward seal on the entry door gave way and before we knew it we were donning the masks heading for a lower altitude. We went down to 10,000, had a bunch of fuel, and flew the rest of the way at 10,000 on an unusually clear morning. It was actually pretty cool. After landing and meeting with mx, got into another airplane and away we went.

Definitely didn't feel heroic.

But SWA/FO is my hero for standing up to the BBB.;)

So you're putzing along at 10,000 to 14,000 feet and did everything that your QRH and dispatch told you to do. You think to yourself, "wow, I'm an awesome SWA pilot now; my chief pilot is gonna be proud of me."

Then twenty minutes from destination, you begin to smell something. Smells like smoke and not the mexican burito that you had for lunch. Something is definetly burning, but what? Smells electrical. Then you begin to see smoke.

You look up and see how much oxygen you have left. Its significantly depleted from your emergency descent, not to mention that you had a jumpseater on board who used a lot of your O2 as well. It doesn't look like there's enough O2 for 20 more minutes of flying. Suddenly you realize that the 130 passengers you have on board have no oxygen because all of their O2 generators have been depleted.

Still want to fly for another 20 minutes so you don't have to inconvenience passengers and make SWA look bad? Ever hear of the accident chain?

nope.....

Thanks guys, you had me at "hello....you had me at hello"

SWA/FO said:
"My kid is upset that T.O. has be suspended...thats my kid's hero".

Your kid should be b1tch slapped!

Latest resources

Back