• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Enters PHL-BOS market...fares 1/10th of US Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is talking about having to buy your type to get hired...

"....having to buy your type to get hired" ???

At SWA, There is no requirement to "buy" a type prior to getting hired.....truthfully, SWA really doesn't care where or how an applicant got their type.

I can remember a FA telling me that SWA would never make it in the Northeast because they "couldn't fly in snow". See, that FA made a prediction too....based on.... ?

It's not flying in the snow that Southwest has the problem with, it's landing in the snow....or in Burbank.

Sorry I couldn't resist. Luv Ya!

SW should be thanked for not lowering the bar further by adding more parasite RJs to the mix...

Just got back from recurrent.... USairways is SERIOUSLY looking into buying the next set of 15 Q's here at Colgan( 2011-2012 timeframe I think). Then again, this is just a recurrent kool-aid rumor spoken from our VP of flt ops....we all know how reliable company rumors are. I really hope it dont pan out. We certainly do not deserve them for the payrates we have.... Hopefully Pmont ponies up and gets some new planes. Yall are certainly due for some new birds!

Won't and can't happen. There is no scope relief for the Q400, as much as we would like to see them here at PDT. A mix of ATR42/72 is much more likely and I am pretty sure they won't be going to Colgan if they ever happen at all. Bombardier now has a program in place that will allow us to take the mighty old dash out to 120,000 cycles.

wow. 120k? what do the HA tail numbers have on them now? How long will that keep them in service?

The highest cycle dashes have about 80K now. How long until 120K? No idea... Several years I would imagine.

Latest resources

Back