SWA DB today..Let us know if you get it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CA1900 said:
Got the letter here, too. I'm not real pleased; I really thought I did well. Guess there's next year... Argh.

If this is who I think this is, I am real sorry and frustrated and angry as well to hear the bad news. I was told last weekend by another over there who also was given the letter. You are one of the nicer one's over there so SWA must be in hard CAT 3 IMC not to see this in you to turn you away. Keep pressing on though.

In case you are trying to figure who this is, just think of a person who just recently left the company that rhymes with this screen name.

Swann

Anybody else still waiting?

Been following this thread since it started, interviewed mid July. Still no word to continue or no thanks. Is there anyone else out there still patiently waiting and does anyone have any ideas on the reason for delay? I suppose no news is not bad news but this is starting to wear on me.
Congrats to all that got the call and regrets to those that will have to try again. Lots of good folks out there, it's good to see the mostly positive attitude in spite of the flavor of the news. Fly safe!

Resume Writer,
You are very correct.

I was just hired with a very large corp flight department and in my second interview with the DO, I was asked about my 737 type rating in great detail. I didn't take it personal as I understood his rational. As he put it: "Your young, have great experience and a 737 type rating. Looks like your going to SWA, so why do you want to work here at XYZ?"

Heck, they are about to spend 30K plus to send me to Dassault school, pay me well, fully funded pension as weell as 80% matching 401K......most of their pilots have been around 20+ years - they are looking for people who are "lifers" not "step ladders" and as the DO, he has the right to know and understand why I have a 737 rating.

Just like everything in my life, I just told the truth! It was time for me to move on from my current job and there were 2 options: 1.) SWA 2.) Here, but I didn't know when the opportunity would arise.

I was genuine and I think he understood that.

The fact of the matter is that at this point, I don't plan on leaving where I was just hired! If they didn't hire me - well, I had my 737 type rating and if something were to happen down the road, I have my 737 type and maybe some more options.

Resume Writer said:
Congrats on getting hired. Since I work with pilot clients every day, I can attest to the fact that not only have they been ASKED about the 737 Type and why they got it, but not selected by other airlines / corporate jobs because of it.

The rationale, as stated before, is that after a year, you will leave if offered a job with SWA. No one wants to spend the money training someone that is going to leave. While employers may not have any loyalty toward the worker, they expect the worker to have loyalty to them.

This trend is not just happening in the airline industry.
QUOTE]

Big Iron said:
Been following this thread since it started, interviewed mid July. Still no word to continue or no thanks. Is there anyone else out there still patiently waiting and does anyone have any ideas on the reason for delay? I suppose no news is not bad news but this is starting to wear on me.
Congrats to all that got the call and regrets to those that will have to try again. Lots of good folks out there, it's good to see the mostly positive attitude in spite of the flavor of the news. Fly safe!

I haven't heard anything either and I interviewed July 13th. I thought my recent move might be causing delays in a forwarded letter but now I'm not sure. I think I might call/e-mail Lindsey today.

Ah sh!t. Just got called by Southwest, but it was to apologize for my rejection letter bouncing back. Best of luck all.

It's really disheartening to hear a lot more of the "got the letter" posts vs "got the call" reports. Does anyone have any stats from this last round of the Decision Board? From previous threads, it seems the Decision Board went about 50% from the July meeting.

Me too, FlyPig...had to call to get the results, it seems they couldn't get the letter to me either. Keep your head up and stay in the fight! See ya in a year.

Latest resources

Back