• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA corruption = DFW FAA, USA Today, BWI ATC, MCO ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not all that good though....we are taking a pay cut in a category that was all International. We lose our override....

But, we could be furloughing, so life is not too bad.

I know SWA sucks and all Bill, but if RedDog is 5+ year F/O he making DL narrow body captain pay just flying his 16/17 day off SWA F/O line. Plenty of extra if he wants too. And how much do you pay for health care??

I pay nothing for health care.....thanks for the concern. And pretty soon, nobody will pay for it, so you can brag about it at the next LUV picnic.

Pay isn't everything Ben.....being able to hop on my own company jet to any vacation spot in the world without having to drop chocolates off to the flight crew so your ID90 passes can get your sorry family out of coach is what they say.....priceless?

I pay nothing for health care.....thanks for the concern. And pretty soon, nobody will pay for it, so you can brag about it at the next LUV picnic.

Pay isn't everything Ben.....being able to hop on my own company jet to any vacation spot in the world without having to drop chocolates off to the flight crew so your ID90 passes can get your sorry family out of coach is what they say.....priceless?

So lemme get this straight: Pay isn't everything, but chocolates are...priceless? :confused:

You're starting to make me wonder if you Delta boys are really gonna "Take it Back" when the time comes, Bill...

Bill - I'm really sorry dude. I did not realize that Delta had gone to free health care for it's employees. What a great benefit. I used to work at Delta and I used to not pay that much for healthcare, but after bk I started paying a lot more.

Now I work at SWA and I pay $120/mo. for family healthcare. I was paying 4 times that at Delta when I left. But, now it seems healthcare is free at Delta?? Great job negotiating that. Sure hope that wasn't military retirement healthcare you were throwing into the ring Bill??

Bill - I'm really sorry dude. I did not realize that Delta had gone to free health care for it's employees. What a great benefit. I used to work at Delta and I used to not pay that much for healthcare, but after bk I started paying a lot more.

Now I work at SWA and I pay $120/mo. for family healthcare. I was paying 4 times that at Delta when I left. But, now it seems healthcare is free at Delta?? Great job negotiating that. Sure hope that wasn't military retirement healthcare you were throwing into the ring Bill??

Military retirement healhcare isn't free.

You are right...Delta jacked the health care rates. I'm glad you guys were able to keep the rates low.

Military Heath care isn't free, but my wife's is....... ;)

So lemme get this straight: Pay isn't everything, but chocolates are...priceless? :confused:

You're starting to make me wonder if you Delta boys are really gonna "Take it Back" when the time comes, Bill...

Sorry NTS....it was a mild attempt at sarcasm to the guy who pointed his arrows at me first. Pay is super and part of the equation.....I guess if you make enough pay, then you could BUY your own seats.....it's all relative.

I admit....I LUV when the SWA people come on board when going to Europe, they drop off candy, that's not needed, they can have a seat up front anytime as far as I care. If I know they are there, we move them. Welcome aboard.

I admit....I LUV when the SWA people come on board when going to Europe, they drop off candy, that's not needed, they can have a seat up front anytime as far as I care. If I know they are there, we move them. Welcome aboard.

SOME people do it out of kindness. Like at AA. You're NOT going to get moved but I bring a little sumpin sumpin for the "ladies" anyway. Hides the fact that I'm a real jerk and it makes them ask their own pilots why THEY didn't bring it!

Gup

How are those new bags fees coming...,read today airtran is increasing fee $5...,must be hurting for$ $$$ there goes your competitive edge in atlanta......now you are just like delta...,congratulations

We are beating SWA in BOS and MKE. The flights are always full. Expanding in BWI. We are hiring and getting airplanes this year and into next year. Hard to compete with costs that are not competitive. Guess that is why they resort to bribery or "favors" for a competitive edge. They even control the media when they can like USA today. Can't say i blame them. It is cheaper than pay cuts. And you get a good bang for buck ratio it seems. Heck if I got paid like that I would pick up bar tabs to get a different type of competitive edge too. Good you guys spread it around. No one said you were not generous people over there.

Just patting the flames. lol

I actually think the way you get paid is competitive just not your pay rates. But you know what. I would have sympathy for you and your your whining due to lose of pay. Problem is your methods gives your company an edge also. It's just the way things are setup for u guys compared to the rest. Too bad. Stay out of our way. The nonsense will no longer be tolerated. When I see it it makes me want to kick your arses even more out there. You will become competitive eventually one way or another. This society assures it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back