SWA corruption = DFW FAA, USA Today, BWI ATC, MCO ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

Now if I worked for you guys I would probably be happy that I have a competitive edge. Because these are government workers doing it. It is corruption. As for the free press I guess USA Today is more interested in profit than news accuracy. Being that I don't work at SWA I continue...

DFW FAA and the maintenance scandal. Nough said if you read the news.

Speaking of the news the USA today publishes a front page article on 65000 flights that flew unsafe. USA today gives a list of maintenance violation fine amounts for all airlines, but guess who is not listed or mentioned...

-the company paying for full page adds on a regular basis...
-the company with the highest maintanence fine (from the DFW scandal)...

And their correction...

2 weeks later they have another front page article on Amercian about to get the biggest fine and a one liner about SWA in the lead for fines.

I mean they listed on the 1st article fines for less than $10000 dollars, but did not list SWAs 7 million dollar fine, so USA Today has been corrupted by SWA.

Next...

The constant shortcuts given to SWA by controllers and the delaying vectors give to others. Guess buying them drinks at the bar pays off, and I have heard rumors of flat screen tvs in the break rooms. Good moves.

One day I was in BWI and was interupted 4 times during taxi instructions, buy SWA airplanes holding in the ice pad for weather. The constant whining about EDCs tied up the frequency created a safety hazard. And the funny thing is the controllers participated by answering SWA and giving priority to EDC queries instead of aircraft taxi instructions. If u are going to whine do it on clearance delivery or call the tower on your cell.

Last edited:
Now if I worked for you guys I would probably be happy that I have a competitive edge. Because these are government workers doing it. It is corruption. Being that I don't work at SWA I continue...

DFW FAA and the maintenance scandal. Nough said if you read the news.

Speaking of the news the USA today publishes a front page article on 65000 flights that flew unsafe. USA today gives a list of maintenance violation fine amounts for all airlines, but guess who is not listed or mentioned...

-the company paying for full page adds on a regular basis...
-the company with the highest maintanence fine (from the DFW scandal)...

And their correction...

2 weeks later they have another front page article on Amercian about to get the biggest fine and a one liner about SWA in the lead for fines.

I mean they listed on the 1st article fines for less than $10000 dollars, but did not list SWAs 7 million dollar fine, so USA Today has been corrupted by SWA.

Next...

The constant shortcuts given to SWA by controllers and the delaying vectors give to others. Guess buying them drinks at the bar pays off, and I have heard rumors of flat screen tvs in the break rooms. Good moves.

One day I was in BWI and was interupted 4 times during taxi instructions, buy SWA airplanes holding in the ice pad for weather. The constant whining about EDCs tied up the frequency created a safety hazard. And the funny thing is the controllers participated by answering SWA and giving priority to EDC queries instead of aircraft taxi instructions. If u are going to whine do it on clearance delivery or call the tower on your cell.

Grow up and get a life.

Now if I worked for you guys I would probably be happy that I have a competitive edge. Because these are government workers doing it. It is corruption. As for the free press I guess USA Today is more interested in profit than news accuracy. Being that I don't work at SWA I continue...

Now don't you feel like a real jerk? I guess you thought you would get a better response. Nobody cares about this.

Dude, WTF? I highly doubt that SWA has USA Today in our back pockets. I have seen literally countless articles in that stupid rag that mention discount airfares and ridiculous bag surcharges that completely leave out any mention of Southwest. One example was an article on jetBlue's free bag policy (I think 1st bag free or something like that) that was given a ton of "free press" without even a mention of Southwest.

If we have USA Today under our control, then why have all of the other papers kept such a scandal off of their pages?

I feel sorry for anyone who's view of the world is shaped by USA Today.

If not be able to talk to ground causes a safety hazard in your airplane, then you are a RE-TARD

Latest resources

Back