• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Continues Hiring; 350 Pilots in 2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what assault you are talking about but I'd say the 99%, that don't log onto PPrune or write to the SWAPA paper all the time, are pretty happy. Yes, the JS thing sucks but I have a feeling it's going to get worked out so our 'A' customers still get prime choice of seating and we can still commute to work without too much hassle.

Now there is something that I will agree with you on. It's funny how you can get the feeling things are coming apart when you spend too much time on line. Those guys over on the Prune are always twisted off about something. Then I go fly a trip and everything is good and everybody is happy. I too think that all will smooth out and we will carry on as usual. Be safe!

I'll agree with you guys on the nuttiness of the ppruners, but the jumpseat thing, 2 months off for those guys, headset thing, and the blatant contract violations for dispatchers and FA's?!? Guys, this has all happened in the last few months...dont just look at the one issue, but take a step back and look at them all...the trend aint good. This place is still great, but at this pace, it will not last long before we turn into something else completely. I still have many many years here....just dont want to see it all fall apart so soon

Well the first step is to think positive and stop wining. There are problems and 08 is going to be tough, but do the things you have always done to be positive at work. Talk to people. Say Hi and be happy with fellow employees. Dont spread negative rumors. Get the wheelchairs and talk to passengers. I know this sounds like alot of hippy crap, but this is our part of trying to keep this airline great. Write letters in the RP. Mgmt does read it. Stop going around with this chicken little attitude. swa is light years ahead of the rest and well protected for the future. btw, not sure why the big uproar with the preboard rule. It's exactly the same as it has always been. life is good boys.

I'll agree with you guys on the nuttiness of the ppruners, but the jumpseat thing, 2 months off for those guys, headset thing, and the blatant contract violations for dispatchers and FA's?!? Guys, this has all happened in the last few months...dont just look at the one issue, but take a step back and look at them all...the trend aint good. This place is still great, but at this pace, it will not last long before we turn into something else completely. I still have many many years here....just dont want to see it all fall apart so soon

Is this your first airline? Serious question.

Well the first step is to think positive and stop wining. There are problems and 08 is going to be tough, but do the things you have always done to be positive at work. Talk to people. Say Hi and be happy with fellow employees. Dont spread negative rumors. Get the wheelchairs and talk to passengers. I know this sounds like alot of hippy crap, but this is our part of trying to keep this airline great. Write letters in the RP. Mgmt does read it. Stop going around with this chicken little attitude. swa is light years ahead of the rest and well protected for the future. btw, not sure why the big uproar with the preboard rule. It's exactly the same as it has always been. life is good boys.

sounds like a management stooge infiltrating FI. what a bunch of whitewashed silliness. get your head out of the sand, man.

Tanker Clown, you may want to talk to this guy to help you get a job.

sounds like a management stooge infiltrating FI. what a bunch of whitewashed silliness. get your head out of the sand, man.

Tanker Clown, you may want to talk to this guy to help you get a job.

how long ago did you get turned down by SWA?

On a different note i agree with some of you...SWA is way ahead of the pack. You guys also forget the SIZE of SWA. The bigger the more problems...and also I will say we do have some F/As and pilots (minority by far)...that do create their own trouble...and then are the ones that are anti SWA. Funny how that works.

Also...I hate saying this because this pilot group is awesome but the good times have spoiled some of us. Most, if not, all other pilots in other carriers wish their QOL and contract remotely looked like ours. Next time you think SWA is bending us over in any way shape or form go talk to a USAirways, AA, or CAL pilot about their work rules and contract. That's one way to very quickly forget about whatever complaint you had. The good times (for soo long) have spoiled some.

how long ago did you get turned down by SWA?

On a different note i agree with some of you...SWA is way ahead of the pack. You guys also forget the SIZE of SWA. The bigger the more problems...and also I will say we do have some F/As and pilots (minority by far)...that do create their own trouble...and then are the ones that are anti SWA. Funny how that works.

Also...I hate saying this because this pilot group is awesome but the good times have spoiled some of us. Most, if not, all other pilots in other carriers wish their QOL and contract remotely looked like ours. Next time you think SWA is bending us over in any way shape or form go talk to a USAirways, AA, or CAL pilot about their work rules and contract. That's one way to very quickly forget about whatever complaint you had. The good times (for soo long) have spoiled some.

i was hired, genius. the only thing worse than employees who "create their own trouble" are those who refuse to acknowledge it isn't perfect and that there are improvements to be made. those folks (like you) do more damage by far than the others. get back to reality, my man.

Last edited:
i was hired, genius. the only thing worse than employees who "create their own trouble" are those who refuse to acknowledge it isn't perfect and that there are improvements to be made. those folks (like you) do more damage by far than the others. get back to reality, my man.

406, the only thing you've been hired to do is to spend time on your knees in front of the General. The sad thing is, after DAL merges you will have wasted your time because the general won't even be your capt. At least not for another couple of decades.

Latest resources

Back