• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By chance do you know if the classes will have pilots off the street, or will it be just AT pilots ?

The guys on the SWA side of the partition would know that better than me. I think new hire classes are running, but they're probably separate from the AirTran guys transitioning. Don't know for sure, though.

I think PCL is right. I believe the Airtran guys will have an abreviated transistion course, and the new hire class will have the full deal. I wouldn't think they would be combined.

I hope the AirTran Pilots can bring their significant others to be a part of the first day like the Southwest new hires. It was a great experience to be shared.

AT keeping 32 737s until end of 2014 for intl flights...???

The transition "must" be completed by JAN 2015...that means crews and airplanes...if AAI is keepiing the 32 737's (I assume for INT'L ops) until late 2014, the transition will not be completed as agreed...that IS news if true...do you have a source/explanation?
True story, for the most part, although not "the end" of 2014, but certainly not going to be done in March 2014 as previously-planned. Rather, in all likelihood, right up to the last minute in 2014.

The aircraft transition schedule has changed dramatically from what it was when we signed the SLI. There will be 19 or so 737's converted this year, then very few (if any) 737's for 2013. Instead, they will be converting most of the remaining 737's at AirTran to Raft and HF overwater aircraft and increasing the international flying on the AirTran side of the house.

In the meantime, in 2013, most of the 717's will come over with crews.

In early 2014, hopefully the reservation system will be up and running, all the SWA crews will be overwater certified (and hopefully ETOPS certified), the Hawaii flying will begin, and our international 737's will start transitioning over with crews to be completed end of 3rd Qrtr or into the 4th Qrtr 2014.

All subject to change... again... like everything else. ;)

I hope the AirTran Pilots can bring their significant others to be a part of the first day like the Southwest new hires. It was a great experience to be shared.

Agreed. If you get a chance to bring your spouse, do. It was well worth it, and they learned a lot about the company, benefits, schedules, etc.

cheers,
NAV

I've heard that they do plan to allow that.

I hope the AT pilots participate in the appreciation of becoming SWA pilots and continue the practice of donating to charitable causes in Southwest's name.

Latest resources

Back