• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Difference is the UAL was being run by corporate "pirates", a line guy here can make what upper level management can make!
LOL-keep dreaming. You apparently have no idea what upper level management at sw makes.

LOL-keep dreaming. You apparently have no idea what upper level management at sw makes.

I'm talking base salary, not stock or options, They got pay raises because pilot pay was do high, ok mr. Genius, please tell me!

Then tell us all what everyone else's makes!

Not so sure why you have to come on every SW thread and spew your crap, get back to me when you get your house in order!

KBB

Are you guys really trying to say that a military pilot will be more content in the RIGHT seat than a civilian???
Yes, as stated, retiree pay, plus FO pay, equals nice retirement.

All civies want/need the full monty that a 121 gig gives, therefore, more likely to jump ship if upgrades do not happen.

Yes, as stated, retiree pay, plus FO pay, equals nice retirement.

All civies want/need the full monty that a 121 gig gives, therefore, more likely to jump ship if upgrades do not happen.

Yah, but what % of Mil guys hired will ever see a retirement?

It's a win-win for SWA. With the retired military O-4 (Major or Lt. Commander) and O-5 (Lt. Colonel and Commander) they get a 42-44 year old already bringing in between $3,500-3,900/month in retainer (even retired military are still on retainer until 60 when they become fully retired). That same individual as a 5 year SWA FO in their upper 40's will now be bringing in close to $200K per year combined assuming COLAs are still being paid out by Uncle Sam. Pretty sweet gig and good for SWA as they now have someone who probably will not want to rock the boat.

I don't know about that, what about the fact that a military retired officer has $50K plus medical ensuring he won't starve during a strike.... the civillian has a little bit more stress in the game.

Yah, but what % of Mil guys hired will ever see a retirement?
not sure what your asking. How many are retired, are going to be retired? Or are you alluding to the governments ability to pay it's debts? Trust me, you always pay the military retiree, he has a skill set to valuable to let it go to the other side.

not sure what your asking. How many are retired, are going to be retired? Or are you alluding to the governments ability to pay it's debts? Trust me, you always pay the military retiree, he has a skill set to valuable to let it go to the other side.

I just meant the fact that many punch out prior to 20 and may not stay in the reserves.

I just meant the fact that many punch out prior to 20 and may not stay in the reserves.
I believe the ratio of retirees to those still in the guard/reserve or just plain out, is something along the lines of 80% retired, 20% separated or guard reserve. YMMV.

Any news of when Southwest is going to open the app. Window? My captain was asking a SWA pilot today at Starbucks ,but he did not know.

Latest resources

Back