• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Class Dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sounds like the pool is filling back up quickly. At my interview, Lindsay said they were going 1 class/month and that the holidays at the end of the year tend to slow things down even more.

July 11th--same as you?

I interviewed on 11 July as well. Found out today that there are about 130-140 in the pool. As of today there will not be a class in September and the new hires from the July interviews can expect to start ariund the first of the year. This could all change at a moments notice.

avg per class is about 20?

From what I have heard that is about right. They have run as many as four classes a month in the past so 80-100 a month will deplete the pool in about 1.5 months or so. It won't be long now, plus the largest hurdle in the process has been crossed.

Flt Ops hasn't announced the new class dates yet, but they have announced new aircraft deliveries. SWA will be getting 3 aircraft in Sept, 2 in Oct, 2 in Nov, 1 in Dec, and 34 in 2006. With the new aircraft and retirements it looks like SWA will be hiring close to 500 pilots next year.

sf260pilot said:
They have run as many as four classes a month in the past so 80-100 a month will deplete the pool in about 1.5 months or so. It won't be long now, plus the largest hurdle in the process has been crossed.

... or it could be 5-7 months to deplete a pool of 140.

Latest resources

Back