• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA buys ATA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having said that, ATA is for sale, but MP won't lose any money in the deal.
If this is true, who else would buy ATA except SWA. I don't see SWA sitting by the side lines and letting Airtran, for instance, buy ATA and obtain international ops. Like it or not the truth is ATA is SWA's B.I.T.C.H. and we will do exactly what SWA demands.

Might as well smile and accept your plight or move on.

I've had enough of this and going fishin....

Last edited:
Any ATA guys out there who would like to share what the OAK and LAX monthly schedules are like flying to Hawaii? Days on/off, RON's, etc.

thanks.

Any ATA guys out there who would like to share what the OAK and LAX monthly schedules are like flying to Hawaii? Days on/off, RON's, etc.

thanks.

Well, I'm based in LA and live 45 minutes from ONT. Last month I had 18 days off. This month I have 17 days off. Four nights in Maui (where I am now), and 2 in Honolulu. I have three nights scheduled in ONT but I just drive home on those nights.

Quality of life is great now. But I'm going to give it all up for some semblance of job security and better pay...

The West coast schedules are only great if you live within driving distance. I commute to LAX from DFW and it takes it's toll. I use hotels, they're cheaper than crashpads. I commute the day before every trip, and I catch a red-eye to get home at the end of the trips.

OGG are two day trips. We used to have 5 day LAX-HNL-ONT(for 31 hrs)-HNL-LAX, but the HNL-LAX is now on the B757 (based out of PHX). OAK has shorter pairings, but a crashpad is necessary. They do OAK - HNL, OGG, ITO, and soon will be doing LIH and Kona (ICAO?).

Comuting sucks. Many have it worse than I do. Flying is easy, fun. Sure beats the hell out of flying out of MDW! It wouldn't be any skin off my neck to never fly into LGA again.

SWA buys ATA for 300m then sells the fleet except the 737's to other buyers the 737's are traded to Alaska for the -700's. We now have their ETOPS certificates and the S. America routes.....SWA flies to S. America from Houston and to Hawaii from OAK and LAX.

Latest resources

Back