• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA buys ATA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know most of you guys think that buying ATA is just "plain nuts", but don't concentrate too much on the direct action of the actual purchase. If SWA bought ATA, SWA would be only interested in the international capability they would instantly obtain.

ATA could be operated as a separate international entity providing SWA with worldwide service on the cheap.

I know you SWA pilots will have your nips all bunched up because of your scope clause and believe me the ATA pilots would support you. Let's be honest, sometime down the road ATA and SWA will greatly increase their involvement and to tell the difference between the two will be harder and harder to see.

No need for SWA to purchase ATA now because SWA basically controls ATA, everyday we see more and more of SWA's fingerprints. The time will come when Matlin Patterson decides to cash out and take their profit.

Both pilot's union should and are in communication together trying to understand this codeshare agreement and possible acquisition.

Time will tell.

We have around 500 pilots currently flying, I'm not sure how many are on furlough.

I just got off the phone from the VP of Bullsh!t and it is confirmed.

DC-10 sim arrived in DAL today.

Actually, the VP said he was firing all the HR staff in recruitment and replacing them with former fighter pilots. "Why hire anyone we don't know off the street anyway?" and "what's up with these HR chicks telling pilots who they should share a cockpit with anyway" were some of the recurring themes.

(yank yank nudge nudge)

I have recently flown with a few of the ATA guys that got hired with us. Great guys to work with and we need more! It would be great to bring the guys back that have been furloughed.

Wow. This thread hasn't deteriorated into an seniority list integration hatefest yet. Must be a record.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back