Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Business plan Tanking..Did I miss something?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep. Every dog has his day but I still trust in Gary Kelly. Judging by the legacy carries 2003 to present I still like our odds. I can PROMISE you that this pilot group will be first in line to keep this company viable. This is our CAREER and, as a whole, we understand that you and everybody else has the crosshairs firming planted on our backs.

Our CASM is still a penny under our nearest competitor and we still pay cash for our new aircraft. I wouldn't throw dirt on the grave just yet.

Gup

It's called "market share." Southwest will fly a route (even if they lose money on it) just to secure market share. Once they attract and establish a customer base on that route with extremely low fares, they'll start raising the fares enough to make a profit. This strategy is talked about in the book, "Nuts." That article was one person's opinion. I'm sure Gary Kelly and Southwest management know what they're doing!

McAdoo failed at Peoples Express and failed at Vanguard. Him making commentary on SWA is like Rosie O'Donnell dissing Paul Harvey.

Doomed. Doomed I say, we'll be liquidating by end of summer, mark my words.

Or we'll start doing international.

Like it or not, this industry rolls in cycles. I remember the proud SWA FO proclaiming his superiorty to everyone 18 months ago. The reality is that SWA may actually have to work for a buck from here on out. Nothing lasts forever. The sad fact is that ( as another poster put it in another duplicate thread ) that the "legacies" have had the help of government training wheels for sometime now. They now have costs atleast close to inline with SWA. Was it fair? No, I really don't think it was. I think one of those ( i.e. US, UA, DL, NWA ) should have been allowed to fail. I think it would have balanced the industry a bit. Would have sucked for those at the failed carrier, but hey thats the breaks folks. SWA employees can breath easy. They aren't going anywhere. Its just that, well, the easy pickin's may be gone now. Maybe its time to say, that we aren't immune. And again with my opinion, for what its worth, anyone with any common sense would be going to box land. Fedex, UPS, DHL. Boxes don't b!tch.

The reality is that SWA may actually have to work for a buck from here on out.

Ummm... Southwest employees are probably some of the most productive and hard working employees out there. I believe they've worked DAMN hard over the years to get where they are.

Latest resources

Back