• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/ATA revisited

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't take this personally, but given the choice of flying that both companies do, I'd pick ATA hands down, regardless of money. I could have left long ago for a higher paying job but find this type of flying more rewarding. Believe it or not, but there are quite a few of us here that feel this way, and will find other employment opportunities in the remote chance WN takes over.

ESPRIT

Sure. I bet it helps to not move on from ATA when you don't get offered empoyment anywhere else. ESPRIT, how many times did SWA turn you down?

Please, let us keep this in perspective! One of the main reasons World operates the Dc-10's "profitably" is because of the whores that operate them at the equivalent of $127/hour at 10 year Capt pay. (ATA 10 Year Capt at 75 hours guarantee is $148/hr, World 10 Year Capt pay adjusted for 75 hours guarantee is $127/hr.) $127 for a friggn heavy? Go get checked for clap man cuz you a ho! And make sure you get that free condom in your paycheck next time WabiSabi!

well that's just dumb

it is apparent that you do not fly for an airline as you have demonstrated that you don't understand how the pay works.

ATA pilots,

i heard you guys filed a grievance for single carrier status because of World getting a couple of DC-10s that were originally going to ATA

if SWA buys you, what would you all want? integration? AND you want single carrier with GAL? why try to put North American and World pilots on the street over a couple of airplanes?

i sure hope that none of you lose your jobs but don't try to bring others down with you

Sure. I bet it helps to not move on from ATA when you don't get offered empoyment anywhere else. ESPRIT, how many times did SWA turn you down?

I've been with ATA for 9 years at not once have I applied for any other airline. Sorry to blow your theory out of the water. Not everyone wants to go work at WN. Shocking.

ESPRIT

ATA pilots,

i heard you guys filed a grievance for single carrier status because of World getting a couple of DC-10s that were originally going to ATA

Thats not the reason why we filed single carrier status. Don't believe everything that you hear.

ESPRIT

ATA pilots,

Thats not the reason why we filed single carrier status. Don't believe everything that you hear.

ESPRIT

whatever the reason, I sure hope it is a good enough reason to try and bring the NAA and WOA pilots down with you.

I've been with ATA for 9 years at not once have I applied for any other airline. Sorry to blow your theory out of the water. Not everyone wants to go work at WN. Shocking.

ESPRIT

That then shows either a lack of initiative, motivation, or brains. Or maybe a combination of all three. When I was a teenager, I cut grass in the summer for money. While the job was rewarding in it's own way, I always wanted to do better. I guess that's where you and I differ.

Latest resources

Back