SWA asks their pilots to chill and stop harassing AirTran folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Landgreen,

This is not speculation. Call your reps. If these items don't get negotiated with a possible AIP 2, they will be negotiated between SWAPA and SW. ALPA will no longer exsist at Southwest after and ISL by arbitration. Do some research.

I see the 717 paying what it does now, I don't see Gary stepping up and paying comprehible to the 737. Just my opinion. The other items will be hammered out too. Those are the facts dude.

RF

Red,

There won't be a long term B-Scale, and you know that. This ISL is important because seniority is everything in this business, and ALPA just rammed a rod up your keester. The eventual award could be light years better than your offer. Look at recent awards for the possible answers. Nowhere has one group had 60% of their people go to the BOTTOM 20% of the combined group, especially when both carriers have the same type planes, same business plans, have valuable assets, and aren't in the tank financially (like F9 was). AT is not that bad, and you know it.

It's too bad the Airtran MEC took that offer as a slap in the face, and the added "we can't pay you the same now, it's off the table" really doesn't help either.

GODSPEED RED.

OYS

Red,

and ALPA just rammed a rod up your keester.

You almost got it right OYS...they rammed a rod up Gary's keester. We have nothing to worry about. I say bring it.

I think they might be figuring it out since Gary's letter stated he will look at all available options, and the fact that he stated today that the 717 really doesn't fit into the SW plan, plus the downturn in the economy, etc, etc.

See a pattern OYS?

deleted, already corrected about different no different payscales for 717 or 737 at AT

Last edited:
You almost got it right OYS...they rammed a rod up Gary's keester. We have nothing to worry about. I say bring it.

I think they might be figuring it out since Gary's letter stated he will look at all available options, and the fact that he stated today that the 717 really doesn't fit into the SW plan, plus the downturn in the economy, etc, etc.

See a pattern OYS?

That is a pattern, but I don't think any planes would be parked very soon. In the meantime, if it goes to arbitration, and a new list is awarded, that could pose a danger for ANY junior pilot. (parking or selling planes) You never know Red, you may have to wear an Airline HAT at a new airline someday if somehow you got bumped. Maybe someday you will get to do some international flying, in big planes, and we could both be FOs. :) (GL could be the Captain. What fun!)

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
OYS, I said this on another forum thread. Why aren't the AT up in arms with their own B scale then. Last time I checked there are 2 payscales, one for 737 and one for 717. If GK and Swapa allow 717 to be flown at different lower payscales, how is that any different then what they are doing now. GK wants the lowest cost possible. IE keeping 717 pay scales as is now that he withdrew ecominc offers. SWAPA adds 717 payrates via side letter at exact same 717 rate they have now. Please explain how that is B scale?

The 717 is the same size as the 735, and newer. It would have to be worked out, but I guess there could be two payscales. If one is 50% higher than the other, then that could pose some bidding problems. What if the SLI is awarded by the arbitrator panel and a lot of SWA pilots are mixed into the bottom of the list with AT pilots? What if they are eventually bumped off the 737 in a displacement? Will those current SWA pilots want the paycut? I doubt it. It might be smarter to make every plane the same rate, which would cut down on crossover bidding and costly training that SWA never has had before except during the 727 and 737 days. Training costs could go up a lot with two fleets that pay different scales. Remember, it's all about the seniority, and then the pay. Godspeed.

OYS

OYS, I said this on another forum thread. Why aren't the AT up in arms with their own B scale then. Last time I checked there are 2 payscales, one for 737 and one for 717. If GK and Swapa allow 717 to be flown at different lower payscales, how is that any different then what they are doing now. GK wants the lowest cost possible. IE keeping 717 pay scales as is now that he withdrew ecominc offers. SWAPA adds 717 payrates via side letter at exact same 717 rate they have now. Please explain how that is B scale?
lol :) Is SWAPA trying to pass that lie off now?

lol :) Is SWAPA trying to pass that lie off now?

That guy was already straightened out on another thread by none other than LEAR about AAI has the same payscale for both planes. So Nindiri, please don't think we know better...

I guess this will be your next talking point. Good luck with that. The payscales are on APC, exactly as Lear stated.

RF

The 717 is the same size as the 735, and newer. It would have to be worked out, but I guess there could be two payscales. If one is 50% higher than the other, then that could pose some bidding problems. What if the SLI is awarded by the arbitrator panel and a lot of SWA pilots are mixed into the bottom of the list with AT pilots? What if they are eventually bumped off the 737 in a displacement? Will those current SWA pilots want the paycut? I doubt it. It might be smarter to make every plane the same rate, which would cut down on crossover bidding and costly training that SWA never has had before except during the 727 and 737 days. Training costs could go up a lot with two fleets that pay different scales. Remember, it's all about the seniority, and then the pay. Godspeed.

OYS

OYS,

Have you even bothered to do any research before you start pontificating? Gary stated today that they don't fit the SW model. Look up the article. Clueless as usual.

RF

Then why is SWAPA telling SWA pilots like N1kawotg that AT has two pay scales? Honestly, SWAPA's recent behavior has been incoherent.

deleted, already corrected about different no different payscales for 717 or 737 at AT

Nindiri,

Thanks for trying to spin this into a SWAPA issue. N1 stepped up and admitted he got it wrong. It was his question...had nothing to due with SWAPA.

RF

Latest resources

Back