SWA April decission board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oreo,

Most of the time it is the Chief Pilots who call. My board was called by the People Department, and I was called on a Saturday.

Good luck guys. Have a few cold ones or a glass of wine and chill. You will get a call soon enough. It is an amazing call to get. Life changing.

I have to say I'm kind of surprised. I thought at least SOME of us would have gotten some good news by now. Hopefully, the calls will start soon. Good luck, one and all. :)

Anyone know if they do call, would they leave a message or do they keep trying until they talk to you?

I had a CP leave a message on my machine with a call back number. I got the good news when I returned the call.
A week later, I was contacted by Diane explaining my background check process. I was told this process could take 4-6 weeks and no class date would be given to me until its completion. I was called with a class date 3 months later.

Good Luck Everyone!
You will LUV it here!

Last edited:
FWIW I heard from a SWA F/O tonight that they were not going to start calling people or sending letters out until some time next week. He said there were 84 out of 220 hired which is the same in a previous post.

I have a pilot buddy that has put off going to this up comming SWA open house in LAS because he was recently told that you had to either have a 4 year degree or a 737 type now to get called in to the interview with SWA. ( he's working on getting the type) Is there any truth to that? I'm telling this dude to desregard it even if it's true and just sell himself at the open house! Can anyone add to this rumor? Or confirm it?
Thanks and good luck with those calls for job offers!

Flypixs,

The wait for either the call or the letter. Most of my friends that have been through the process said that the wait until the DB was no big deal. Once the board had met, that is when the pressure went up. They were right.

Take Care,

Skyflier

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back