SWA Apps require type, 1 Nov start date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LiveFreeorDie said:
Radio Flyer every time you open your trap you sound foolish. Maybe you should keep your unsubstantiated opinions to yourself. You must be young, 'cause only the young are fool enough to think they know everything. The only one more foolish than yourself are the people (like me) who keep bothering to reply to your foolishness.

Could'nt help myself, but this is really funny. Specially the last part.:p :p

By the way what's a B-720, is that one of those Sims youre riding on at flight safety or is it a 727 without a rudder?

Last edited:
Ok, so theres actually a B-720.......my bad, Thanks.

I'll be checking your spelling, buddy, so get it right one mistake and I'll paste it to your post............... At least i've got an excuse.

;)

Last edited:
Radio Flyer,

I am a little confused, are you accusing the pilots at SWA of being lazy?

Also, to get in here you would actually have to do some work, I know i'ts not SW method

Or of working too hard?

*4-8 landings a day (sometimes even 9)

*15-20 min turns

*Too many 4 day trips

I too enjoy the "romance of flight", caviar, champagne and all of it. But times change, air travel is not just for the well heeled anymore (in the US) - and companies can change or fail. I think the People at SWA should be proud of their roll in this change: Where I am right now I can fly to a half dozen cities for just a little more than it would cost me to drive. Because of that I get to see my kids at least once a month. Without SWA, I'd be stuck. Someday, maybe soon, someone is going to bring a company like SWA to Mexico, and your caviar will go to the same place as United's Godiva.
Fly safe

RadioFly er,

Sounds like you got a great deal there. Best of luck.

No not lazy in regards to actually being on the job ( I know you guys pay your dues, don't get me wrong..........No, what I ment was during the actual interview process the hiring criteria is a little different, maybe more challenging. I felt good when I went into that Sim ride and was told I was in the top 10 out of 150 candidates, but that's just me.
. There are and has been a couple of airlines with this kind of service yet they have not or are not succesful. Mainly they can't compete with Mexicana or Aeromexico. People over here are still abit spoiled and demand the best, i guess. There is one thing, flying a low fare airline here is by no means safer than flying SW. In SW you do get lots of safety compared to one of those low fare airlines here, as far as planes are concerned. Although, their safety record is aceptable, I would go with Mexicana or Aeromexico given that they shine in safety, service, comfort and, on time service. We meet the demands of the people, what they want is what they get, this is one reason low fare airlines have not prospered here in Mexico.

Don't forget

I have a friend that did fly for Aeromexico, he is furloughed. We got re-acquainted after college at our SWA interview. So the picture you are trying to paint isn't quite as rosey as you say. It might be in order to bring up the fact that your airline, correct me if I am wrong, is subsidized by the Gov't. That makes it a lot easier to continue to do things other airlines cannot. Without worry or accountability for poor management, bad spending, ...etc. Congratulations on being in the top of your sim evaluation. Just wondering how many people you competed against that had more than 250 hours (that's how many hours my buddy had when Aeromexico hired him). He said that was the norm. At my last job I had the opportunity, or lets say had to fly with at least half a dozen ex- Mexicana crew members. Some where FE's, others where Captains. The FE's did a fine job, but flying with the Captains was like stepping back to the 50's. CRM was non existent. It was like a dictatorship!. After the first night a talk was in order. It was explained that in Mexico the Captain is usually the only one in the cockpit with any real experience. The FO's usually had wet ink on their certificate. I don't mean to stereotype all Mexican pilots, but the half-dozen or so I have flown with fit the mold. I hope your career continues to be what you hope for, but you can't compare apples to oranges.

Maybe you can point out a couple of things your friend had to say about his company, surely none negative, he has problably lived in the U.S. all if not most of his life(you mentioned he went to college with you) and wants to go fly overthere. He has his reasons. Now, to get into Aeromexico, maybe he didn't explain to you that you have to go through Aerolitoral flying the airplane youre flying now. After that then you go to Aeromexico usually with around 3500tt and 1500 PIC. So did he get in with 250 hours? yes, but into a metroliner. I flew an ATR for Aeromar for 4 years then came to Mexicana with roughly 3300 hours no wet ink on my certificate. Wouldnt a company with bad management be struggling, no strugling here, receiving 1 airbus per month for the next 8 months, just got a 11% raise, opening new routes, 48% privately owned, 15% by the pilots. Bad management?

P.S. I fly for Mexicana not Aeromexico, but they have even better benefits and pay than us. So go figure.

Last edited:
Gov't help?

Are you guys subsidized by your gov't? If so that easily explains growth as well as pay raises. It won't last forever that way! History has a funny way of repeating itself. I wish you guys good luck. I used to fly into MTY and GDL and see quite of few of your planes coming in and out, the paint looked really cool on the tail of th 72, ok the airbus looked decent to. Where are your crew bases?

Not to say that we have'nt had hard times, everyone has, but It's been for the better ever since the goverment sold most of our shares to investors which include the pilots, private banks and privately owned companies such as Pemex which is something like Chevron say. Well, we're being positive and thinking it will last, but then again nothings for sure (ex. Enron and those stock options). So before you get to confident poolie, let us enjoyo our continued success. Remember, you still got 30 years after you join SW before you see those stock options and what they've done for you. Hopefully, success but ya never know.
Our main base is in Mexico City. Most of the pilots avoid Mexico City sort of like New York and commute elsewhere.
By the way did your friend have anything bad to say about his company?

Re: Too Hard.

radiofly er said:
... to get in here you would actually have to do some work, I know i'ts not SW method, but theoretical, phsycological, and simulators exams are a must in all of the airlines here. ... you would not make it here.

There goes your trap flap, flapping away about stuff you know little about.

A large proportion of the SWA pool consists of military pilots most of whom could easily pass any major interview--with or with out a sim check. 'Course the key to most interviews is personallity...most airlines know we can fly, otherwise we wouldn't have made it through training. You seem a bit lacking in the personality department ..."I finished 10 of 150"...what a maroon.

radiofly er said:
By the way what's a B-720, is that one of those Sims youre riding on at flight safety or is it a 727 without a rudder?

You get a B-720 type for flying the KC-135 in the USAF

radiofly er said:
Ok, so theres actually a B-720.......my bad, Thanks.

I'll be checking your spelling, buddy, so get it right one mistake and I'll paste it to your post............... At least i've got an excuse.

;)

I have know idea what the hell you are talking about. I also love how people talk tough and mean on the internet. People are very brave when annonymous. And I couldn't care less how Websters spells annonymous.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back