Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
Was in BHM last week on a ron the following day got a shuttle ride to the airport with 2 SWA pilots. Could tell these guys were ex military from a 1000 feet. So I made the mistake of trying to be friendly start a conversation. I must tell you this was the most arrogant, stuck up crew I have ever had the misfortune of talking to.

Are all ex-military in love with themselfs. There were other people on the bus pax for the airlines and I was actually embarrassed talking to these guys by how much the loved themselves.

I've met alot of SWA guys and typically there all great friendly, easy to talk to and down to earth. I don't think I could last one day on the road never mind 4-5 days. How do you normal SWA guys handle these clowns for days on the road ?

kilroy said:
Was in BHM last week on a ron the following day got a shuttle ride to the airport with 2 SWA pilots. Could tell these guys were ex military from a 1000 feet. So I made the mistake of trying to be friendly start a conversation. I must tell you this was the most arrogant, stuck up crew I have ever had the misfortune of talking to.

Are all ex-military in love with themselfs. There were other people on the bus pax for the airlines and I was actually embarrassed talking to these guys by how much the loved themselves.

I've met alot of SWA guys and typically there all great friendly, easy to talk to and down to earth. I don't think I could last one day on the road never mind 4-5 days. How do you normal SWA guys handle these clowns for days on the road ?

dude get a grip, azzholes exist in all walks of life. How did you "tell they were military" from 1000 feet away?

I have met some c0cksuckers who were all civvies, and some nice military guys, just some down to earth, great guys

it takes all kinds

I was in PHL last week and was sharing the bus with two SWA pilots. Could tell these guys were former Civ from a 100 yards. One had his shirt untucked, and the other was picking his nose. I tried to talk to them and they kept using the word Dude. They both were wearing backpacks!!! How do the Ex Mil guys put up with this? Do any ex Civ guys have any self respect?

Seriously, Is there any point to this thread? Can we learn anything from it? Did you just forget to log out?

Point being what makes a guy think so much of himself that he can't carry on a normal conversation without acting as if he is god's gift to the world. This is not the first ex Military SWA experience with an A$$ clown. In the past I have met more civ SWA pilots that are social friendly and don't look down on you then ex military.

HoursHore said:
I was in PHL last week and was sharing the bus with two SWA pilots. Could tell these guys were former Civ from a 100 yards. One had his shirt untucked, and the other was picking his nose. I tried to talk to them and they kept using the word Dude. They both were wearing backpacks!!! How do the Ex Mil guys put up with this? Do any ex Civ guys have any self respect?

Seriously, Is there any point to this thread? Can we learn anything from it? Did you just forget to log out?

Personally, I think that the airlines should fill their new-hire classes with ONLY military guys. Any left over slots can be filled by highly qualified civilian guys if the company can demonstrate a need.

hmm.....Ok. Thats not even worth a response.
klhoard said:
Personally, I think that the airlines should fill their new-hire classes with ONLY military guys. Any left over slots can be filled by highly qualified civilian guys if the company can demonstrate a need.

I've flown with some great military pilots. Unfortunately, they couldn't really handle a civilian CRJ.

Latest resources

Back