SWA and the ex military Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IHaveAPension said:
Just wait till the fuel hedges run dry on those arrogant military southwest pilots!!!!

Then the will just be pilots working for another unhedged major, kinda like yourself, 410Dude.

Everyone is having fun with this, but the opening post was the dumbest shi* I've heard in a long time on this site, and that's saying something. Fortunately, all the civilian guys I've flown with so far have been much cooler than this punk and have put aside any preconceived notions about military pilots they might have had. Same with the mil guys and their civilian counterparts. Hmmmm...maybe that's why they got interviewed and hired at the the best gig going in aviation right now.

yeah, you're right. I guess it just irritates me when civilian dudes are quick to judge and disparage military guys. Say what you will, but I do NOT see a bunch of 30 something ANG/AFRES airline pilots sitting around thinking of ways to slam commuter pilots. However, I seem to see a lot of CRJ types haranguing military pilots on this site.

Everyone that gets to a major pays their dues somehow. The mil/civ argument is a waste of time, but people don't seem to tire of it.

MAGNUM!! said:
yeah, you're right. I guess it just irritates me when civilian dudes are quick to judge and disparage military guys. Say what you will, but I do NOT see a bunch of 30 something ANG/AFRES airline pilots sitting around thinking of ways to slam commuter pilots. However, I seem to see a lot of CRJ types haranguing military pilots on this site.

Most CRJ types on this board are double wannabes. They wanted to fly in the military but couldn't get accepted into flight training for various reasons and now can't get on with a major for various reasons so us former military pilots are the easy targets of their jealousy and envy. IMHO, they made their bed by being willing to do anything to fly a new RJ, now they will have to lie in it for the rest of their careers!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but it's been my experience here at JB and meeting other pilots from other carriers that 99% are good guys and gals experiencing their passion for flying; mil., civ., or whatever. As in anywhere in life there are always a small group of Alpa Hotels, who stand out. All you can do is ignore them and hope they experience one of their kind treatin them in a similar manner.

>>How do you normal SWA guys handle these clowns for days on the road<<

If you tell them that the A-10 guys always have the best real war stories it usually shuts them right up.

Very true. As usual I should have thought a little more before I opened my big mouth. For that I apologize. What I mean't to say is that every ex airforce SWA pilot I've encountered has been an A$$ clown. May be its becaused I served in the army.
Widow's Son said:
>>How do you normal SWA guys handle these clowns for days on the road<<

If you tell them that the A-10 guys always have the best real war stories it usually shuts them right up.

every ex airforce SWA pilot I've encountered has been an A$ clown.
Cool let's start busting on ascot wearing zoomies! It's amazing how the Marines are minuscule in comparison to the other services but we carry most of the fight!
"Cleared hot"....BEEEEP. This flame gets more entertaining every post!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back