• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think he means now that both companies management is in the loop because AT wanted it that way, that both sides of management have a say on arbitrators, so in essence, SWA now has two votes.
The list of neutrals will be exchanged on May 12th when we also exchange certified seniority lists and initial SLI proposals.

You must be proud. :eek:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6471433

PITTSBURGH -- Rashard Mendenhall has created a stir with comments made on his official Twitter page regarding Osama bin Laden's death.

The Steelers felt compelled to act. On Tuesday, team president Art Rooney II released a statement.

"I have not spoken with Rashard, so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments. The entire Steelers organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon."

I'm proud of the Rooney's handling of it. Classy ownership.

Conveniently ignoring the very recent Chautaqua-Shuttle America arbitration, a-g-a-i-n. Still the closest situation as far as the contractual disparities, btw.

PapaWoody

PW, if you don't understand the difference between a bankrupt turboprop operator (Shuttle America) and a profitable major airline (AirTran Airways) then I hope you are on your MC . . . . . . . . but I doubt it. :laugh:

I'm sure they are much better informed than that.

Last edited:
I understand this!

e Numbers Do Not Lie...REACT! LUV
Rating: 7 out of 10
Analyst Recommendation: Moderate Buy

AAI

Rating: 2 out of 10
Analyst Recommendation: Hold

FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS

..........................LUV..............AAI

Sales*:..................12.58 Bil....... 2.68 Bil
Income*:................453.00 Mil.......41.76 Mil
Sales Growth*:..........+16.90%.........+11.90%
Income Growth*:........+363.60%.........-71.40%
Net Profit Margin:........3.60%...........1.56%
Debt/Equity Ratio:........0.51............1.81
Beta:.....................1.07............0.67
EPS:......................0.61............0.26
Forward P/E:.............
P/E:.....................18.81...........25.62
Market Cap:..............8.68 Bil.........1.01 Bil
Shares Outstanding:.....747.96 Mil......136.25 Mil

* Last 12 months

Pay particular attention to Forward P/E...wow

PW, if you don't understand the difference between a bankrupt turboprop operator and AirTran, then I hope you are on your MC, but I doubt it. :laugh:

Actually, Ty I do understand the difference. My point is that Shuttle America's contract, one that was due to their bankruptcy, relative to Chautaqua's contract was similar to the relative differences in your contract versus ours. The disparity was a big factor in the construction of the ISL. The only difference to your situation is that Shuttle America at least had the excuse of bankruptcy for why their contract didn't stack up; sadly, you have no excuses for the sorry state of your contract, except for the recalcitrance of your management, I suppose. Happily, both of those detriments to your career will be fixed by becoming part of SWAPA. Welcome aboard!

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

Ssdd

This thread and the 100 just like it are such crap. This is so stupid I can't believe it. You didn't see the NWA/DAL pilots acting this way. No SLI threads on UAL/CAL either. This is unprofessional, unproductive and it needs to stop now.
Bottom line is the NCs will agree or they will not. If there is an agreement the members of both sides will accept it or they will not. If there is no member ratified agreement it will go to arbitration. If it does we will all have to live with the award and thats it. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
Of course growth would ease the pain. But if you really believe that there will be growth as a result of this you are smoking crack laced with meth. The real odds of growth out of this acquisition are about the same as this SLI being solved on Flight Info.The yield isn't there especially at $112 oil. We will be stagnant for a long time to come so we need to figure out how to get along no matter how this turns out for us.
The worst case scenario for either pilot group is not relative senoirity or a staple but a toxic environment like they have at LCC.

Luv
Ghetto

Actually, Ty I do understand the difference. My point is that Shuttle America's contract, one that was due to their bankruptcy, relative to Chautaqua's contract was similar to the relative differences in your contract versus ours.

Ha-ha. While you're at it, let's see a comparison of SWA pay and benefits in 1989 (your 16th year) relative to AirTran in 2011 (our 16th year). Our upside, with 50 orders (33% increase over present fleet) and just scratching international markets, is much higher than a stagnant, 40 year-old carrier.

We all respect what SWA has built, but if you really want to compare us to Shuttle America/Chataqua, you're just kidding yourself, and insulting us.

This thread and the 100 just like it are such crap. This is so stupid I can't believe it. You didn't see the NWA/DAL pilots acting this way. No SLI threads on UAL/CAL either. This is unprofessional, unproductive and it needs to stop now.
Bottom line is the NCs will agree or they will not. If there is an agreement the members of both sides will accept it or they will not. If there is no member ratified agreement it will go to arbitration. If it does we will all have to live with the award and thats it. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
Of course growth would ease the pain. But if you really believe that there will be growth as a result of this you are smoking crack laced with meth. The real odds of growth out of this acquisition are about the same as this SLI being solved on Flight Info.The yield isn't there especially at $112 oil. We will be stagnant for a long time to come so we need to figure out how to get along no matter how this turns out for us.
The worst case scenario for either pilot group is not relative senoirity or a staple but a toxic environment like they have at LCC.

Luv
Ghetto

I agree 100%, except I believe you'll find the growth WILL be there. We will be saving a lot in overlap, plus providing our pax with 35 more of your destinations, plus providing your pax with 35 more of ours!

Throw in the fact that we have barely scratched the surface, in regards to the near-international destinations; I think we will see that growth.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back