SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see you're an "active user" on this thread. Let me guess:

Incomming......rapid-D, LBB, PFT, Arbitration, fast taxiing....that's all you got. One big broken record.

NO MATTER how this SLI turns out, Southwest will be a bigger, more fomidable competitor in the Airline industry.....Period. It might take time for the smoke to clear, and a lot of pilots' feeling are gonna get hurt after the SLI (including mine,) but as adults we will eventually move on and continue to survive.

We don't need more gates. With AirTran's 30, we will be able to work 300 flights a day should we want/need to. That is more than 100 more than AirTran has now. We are doing fine in the New York market, and I am sure that we'll do fine in the A-T-L. More gates in LaGuardia, Gates in DCA = next year us flying your current passengers.

I hope we double everyone's pay. A happy employee is a good employee. Maybe you could come to SWA and double your pay?

It's like running from a bear. We don't have to be the best, we just have to do it better than you can.

You know as well as I do; a couple of pizza party's and a few wide-screens, and the A-T-L will be ours. Y'all might have to fire those cropdusters back up.

Congrats on not being as crappy as Wall Street thought!! Nice job!!

BTW...It's on.

PS. If we go to Birmingham, we'll be taxiing behind RJ's doing......you're flying.

Thanks for being a sport. You're the most funnest troll to feed.

Whataburger Sherman

Have nice day, play well out there, and always spay or neuter your pet.

Again, how did you do in PHL? Still not growing as much as you thought there, eh? Too much USAir traffic? Yeah.......

And you will just add 100 more flight a day in ATL? Maybe we'll add 400? A new INTL terminal is almost complete on the East side of Terminal E. I am sure we will add even more fun destinations to far off lands from here. Sounds great. Maybe you guys will add ATL to TUL.

You will be getting more LGA gates, and now you also have EWR stuff. Enjoying that? Good. That must screw up your tight turn times. DCA is fun, and you already know how to do the slam dunk river visual type approaches, since you normally do that at regular airports. You'll fit right in. Talk about crop dusting. (don't split open any more of your 737s please doing that)

Doubling pay is great. I hope we do the same for our own contract negotiations starting next year. We helped you guys no doubt, so it is time to return the favor. But, doubling wages for everyone will cost more, and that means something for fares. Your fares aren't always the lowest, and you may try, but eventually you will have to pay for the bills, including less fuel hedges than you used to have. And, hopefully those Airtran employees are looking forward to working harder, and turning planes faster. They haven't been doing that for years, but you will spool them up to do it your way, within the next 5 years maybe.

Throwing pizza parties may have helped you in the past, but doing that in ATL just wont get you a short approach. You can try, and waste money on pizza. Speaking of Pizza, you might have to run down the concourse to get yourself one before you run back and do that walkaround in ATL. Your flight to Amarillo boards soon.

Wall Street did like our numbers compared to what they expected. Can't wait to see your Q2 numbers thanks to the tuna can incident. Every comedian out there had a field day with that one. Oh yeah, it was Boeing's fault. I didn't hear Leno say that last night.

And it will be ON (the dumbest SWA commercial I have ever seen). And those RJs you see in BHM are being parked fairly quick. You may see some more mainline equipment there soon, but I won't be flying them. I will be off flying somewhere fun, and enjoying the fact that you guys will be getting a fair shot at your SLI, which everyone knows you guys want too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I see you're an "active user" on this thread. Let me guess:

Incomming......rapid-D, LBB, PFT, Arbitration, fast taxiing....that's all you got. One big broken record.

NO MATTER how this SLI turns out, Southwest will be a bigger, more fomidable competitor in the Airline industry.....Period. It might take time for the smoke to clear, and a lot of pilots' feeling are gonna get hurt after the SLI (including mine,) but as adults we will eventually move on and continue to survive.

There you go. FINALLY. You are starting to realize that eventually it will be better after a cooling off period. Everyone except the top guys will lose some seniority, and that is the way it goes. See, I do great work. You just have to realize that you can't control the situation.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How much did you lose when all of your 737-300s were parked?

OYS

We cancelled about 430 total flights over 3 days VS 3400 everyday, equals about or only about 4 percent of our total flights over just 3 days.

I've heard that DL was losing close to 20 percent of their revenue due to Japan and the rising fuel cost....not to change anytime soon.

The DAL vs. SWA argument is much better and more productive than the Airtran vs. SWA argument. Hopefully the integration is fair and efficient so the pilots of the combined SW will have the common goal of continuing the culture that has built such a great airline. Now continue the discussion.

GL, Adding 400 flights??????????

Taken from interview with Anderson:

"To that end, Anderson said Delta now plans to idle 140 of its older, less-efficient aircraft over the next 18 months, up from 120 announced in a March filing. The new total now includes the planned retirement of some larger aircraft used for trans-Atlantic flights.
:cartman:Moth-balling the aircraft will begin after Labor Day and reduce Delta’s system capacity by 4% this year, the company said. On the trans-Atlantic side, it would pull down capacity by 8% to 10%." :erm::cartman:

In addition it mentioned that Japan and Winter WX accounted for $100mil.

PS. We fly over 1,200,000 flights a year. I think we're doin' ok.

PHL is 1 of currently 65 stations. It will be one of 100 in a couple of years. Getting our own terminal proves we suck in PHL.

Your negotiations START next year?????????? Holy crap, no contract until 2014 or beyond. Hold your breath, once you turn Southwest Purple, repeat.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back