• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL lost $318 million, or $3.5 mil/day The press report states the will no longer serve sundaes on Europe flights to crew. The cost is killing the bottom line. Please say it isn’t so, General.

How much did you lose when all of your 737-300s were parked?

OYS

GL,

You got yourself a deal. And let's keep going with the 'Happy Days' theme. The SWA guys will take Fonzi. You seem like a good Potsie. And your sidekick OYS makes a perfect Ralph Malph. What a cast!

Maybe you should be Chachi, and Redflyer can be Jonie. Just remember, Jonie LUVS Chachi!

OYS

Look at last year's results. Ours was a lot better than yours. Some airlines do a lot better than others during Q2 and Q3. We had $300 million in profit sharing last year alone. This year has been tougher on some, primarily the Japan stuff, and other problems some don't have. You, yourself have had a problem unique to your airline that will affect your own Q2 numbers, namely the temporary parking of 79 733s due to your tuna can incident. That may not give you a loss for Q2, but it will impact it somewhat negatively. (financially and via the media)

Bye Bye--General Lee

I had a Delta Captain on my jumpseat yesterday bragging about his $6,800 in profit sharing he recieved from last year. I didnt have the heart to tell him I had 14,500 as a SWA FO.

T45

Typical airline stocks. Lose money stock goes up.
Make money stock down.
Nothing to see here.

How can it be unfair if they agree to it???

Have they agreed to it yet? You and others assume and hope they will. Will you accept the binding arbitration?

OYS

I had a Delta Captain on my jumpseat yesterday bragging about his $6,800 in profit sharing he recieved from last year. I didnt have the heart to tell him I had 14,500 as a SWA FO.

T45

I call BS on that one. A Captain made that little? I made over $10 grand and I am still an FO. Nah. If true, he flew very little.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Typical airline stocks. Lose money stock goes up.
Make money stock down.
Nothing to see here.

How can it be unfair if they agree to it???

Thanks Kramer. Great explanation. Anyway......if you beat expectations, your stock can go up, way up. That doesn't mean high oil in Libya can't drag it down the next day. And OYS is right, the Airtran guys haven't agreed to anything yet, and they have the arbitration provision in the Process Agreement. Why would they have done that? GK signed it, too. OOOOPS.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Delta lost how much again? Winning!

Winning compared to what we were expected to lose. I think we all knew we would lose something this quarter. But, again, everyone still predicts there will be a full year profit. One thing we can't predict yet is where you will be on the bottom of your combined list. That will be more interesting to watch.

Bye Bye---General Lee

We don't need more gates. With AirTran's 30, we will be able to work 300 flights a day should we want/need to. That is more than 100 more than AirTran has now. We are doing fine in the New York market, and I am sure that we'll do fine in the A-T-L. More gates in LaGuardia, Gates in DCA = next year us flying your current passengers.

I hope we double everyone's pay. A happy employee is a good employee. Maybe you could come to SWA and double your pay?

It's like running from a bear. We don't have to be the best, we just have to do it better than you can.

You know as well as I do; a couple of pizza party's and a few wide-screens, and the A-T-L will be ours. Y'all might have to fire those cropdusters back up.

Congrats on not being as crappy as Wall Street thought!! Nice job!!

BTW...It's on.

PS. If we go to Birmingham, we'll be taxiing behind RJ's doing......you're flying.

Thanks for being a sport. You're the most funnest troll to feed.

Whataburger Sherman

Have nice day, play well out there, and always spay or neuter your pet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back