Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OYS,

Easy there big guy. You're frothing.

You're getting nervous. It's obvious. I am giving advice to people who need it. While they see dollar signs and better benefits, they are missing the point that they aren't being paid those big bucks by SWAPA, rather SWA management. They need to get a fair shot at their future seniority, via fair people called arbitrators. Thanks for continuing to give me a platform to express my advice to them. Fairness is needed, for everyone. Happy Easter!

OYS

I'm going to say this again because you clearly missed it. Try reading it slower this time.

The SWA contract has an ammendable date, it is NO GUARANTEE of future earnings for AirTran pilots or SWA pilots much beyond that date. However, you believe I should take a seniority hit so that you can get a seniority bump. Yeah, OK.

Are you so smug to think that your stellar contract will always be what it is today? Maybe, maybe not. History says it won't. Look around man. Your contract was nothing special back in 2000/2001 when SWA was losing pilots to UAL/DAL/UsAir/etc all of which had far superior contracts. Take the blinders off. Guarantee me better pay/benefits for the remainder of my career and we can talk about me taking a hit in seniority. Until then, I'd feel better taking my chances with an arbitrator who understands the cyclical nature of the airline business.

Again, your current CBA guarantees AirTran pilots nothing past it's ammendable date. The arbitrators will know this.

Good Luck. Happy Easter.

Good luck making that argument brother. Ain't gonna happen.

The gains on the Airtran side from the Southwest contract are overwhelming, and there is no way for you to argue around that fact.

I'm not smug at all. It could all end tomorrow, just enjoying it while it last. Southwest has done quite well for 40 years, and several pilots have done very well along with them. (profit sharing and stock options to name a few).

Cheers.

Again, your current CBA guarantees AirTran pilots nothing past it's ammendable date. The arbitrators will know this.

There is NO guarantee in anything. You might never be a SWAPA Pilot.

There is NO guarantee in anything. You might never be a SWAPA Pilot.

So when you have no meaningful response you turn to fear tactics. Cute. It ain't going to work, I'm not 12.

By the way, you're right, there are no guarantees in any of this, only highly likely probabilities based on contracts, past precedents, side letters and public comments made by SWA management.

I believe the arbitrators will return a reasonable decision.

Happy Easter.

Last edited:
Just adding to your negative energy. :crying:

Southwest negotiators have already
Stated their intent to abide by Bond-
McKaskill legislation.

It will go to arbitration and will most
Likely result in a fair, relative seniority
SLI.

No one will lose their present seat or upgrade
Potential.

Why is this so hard to see?

It will go to arbitration and will most
Likely result in a fair, relative seniority
SLI.

What are you smoking? Is that what TrannyALPA tells you?

Latest resources

Back