SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And -9capt (before I get kicked off)

Do you not find your post and your signature line a bit ironic?

Let our joint teams do their jobs. It'll all work out.

Cheers-

Ironic? Not really. It's no secret that our management isn't employee friendly. I don't see how that should have any bearing on the SLI outcome?

You know what is really ironic: A Valuejet pilot will be paid more than the Delta boys over in Atl when this whole deal is done. Who would have thought!:D:D

When a contract expires it runs status quo while in section 6 negotiations. It can be amended several ways. Bankruptcy, arbitration, or negotiations, nothing is for sure but there is a process. SWA is not headed in that direction, where was Airtran headed?

Where was AT headed? We're still adding new routes and cities while upgrading pilots and getting airplanes so I'd say we were headed in a pretty good direction.

I know how the RLA works and I'm pretty sure you get my point. There are no long term guarantees.

Where was AT headed? We're still adding new routes and cities while upgrading pilots and getting airplanes so I'd say we were headed in a pretty good direction.

I know how the RLA works and I'm pretty sure you get my point. There are no long term guarantees.

So the point you're trying to argue is that a career at Airtran is more lucrative and more promising than a career at Southwest?

Got it.

So the point you're trying to argue is that a career at Airtran is more lucrative and more promising than a career at Southwest?

Got it.

No. Where'd you get that from?

All I said was that the SWA CBA is no guarantee of long term pay/benefits for AirTran or SWA pilots. I am not willing to trade seniority for something that will absolutely change in the future.

Read my post again, slowly if it helps you understand it better.

I predict there will never be a pilot integration. There's just too many attitudes like Ty and -9 at AT. They want the pay and benefits bump and seniority. Everybody loses something except them. They want it all and offer nothing. Wow.

I predict there will never be a pilot integration. There's just too many attitudes like Ty and -9 at AT. They want the pay and benefits bump and seniority. Everybody loses something except them. They want it all and offer nothing. Wow.

You want me to take a seniority hit in exchange for SWA pay/benefits that are in no way guaranteed and I'm the one with the "attitude"?

I'll tell you what, get GK to agree to pay me current SWA + COLA for the next 25 years and we can talk about me giving up a few numbers. Until then...

Last edited:
You want me to take a seniority hit in exchange for SWA pay/benefits that are in no way guaranteed and I'm the one with the "attitude"?

I'll tell you what, get GK to agree to pay me current SWA + COLA for the next 25 years and we can talk about me giving up a few numbers. Until then...

You sound like a broken record. Give it up, everybody else did.

How about staying at your current CBA payrates and benefits + or - any future percentage increases/decreases that SWAPA gets. For this you stay at your same relative seniority. Would that be acceptable?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back