Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scoreboardII

Lets start the debate and keep it business like please.

Looking for input from current Airtran pilots.

My feelings are the integration of pilot groups should be a ratio between date of hire and current pay, I'm not sure what that would be as I don't have the numbers, anyone?

I think it would be counter-productive to start such a discussion here as it will inevitably degrade into a pointless food fight. I would suggest all SW and AT pilots save those keystrokes for emails to your union reps....that's where it may actually have some benefit.

This will ultimately be decided by an arbitrator....and that's okay. It's just business.

I think it would be counter-productive to start such a discussion here as it will inevitably degrade into a pointless food fight. I would suggest all SW and AT pilots save those keystrokes for emails to your union reps....that's where it may actually have some benefit.

This will ultimately be decided by an arbitrator....and that's okay. It's just business.

I personally hope it doesn't go to an arbitrator. I do hope our unions find common ground so that we don't have to go down that road. It would benefit both parties to stay out of it, IMHO. Regardless, it should be an interesting ride.

This^^^^

Well said-
Deep breath- make your case to your rep- let them make it to their NC and hopefully redtape won't be too thick and the NC will represent all of us to the arbitrator-
Then live with the result and work hard to make it as successful as possible

In the meantime, don't spend your time worrying- find a couple ways to save extra money if you're junior- that'll be a proactive stress reliever-
And spend lots of time on your favorite non airline gossip hobby- preferably something active

Yes. Regardless of your position in aviation, this is a good thing for the entire industry. Let's all be professional and respectful of this move toward two good companies joining forces and creating opportunities for those who need good jobs.

The most important thing, to me, is quality of life. The payscales are a given ('cept for the 717, but I'm sure they'll be fair).

I want to work at a place where I can enjoy working with other pilots, and not an "east versus west" "redtails versus bluetails" or "corn dog versus tranny". I feel pretty confident that our negotiators and their will come up with something that we can all live with.

To me, the most fair method is some sort of relative seniority- where you are is where you is.

I disagree with the "leave it to the reps" thought, they are a batch of 5 or 10 folks with blinders on, we are many, the hive mind can come up with better solutions. I'm just saying.

Latest resources

Back