Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the term "windfall" refers to an unwarranted increase in seniority at the expense of others.

I haven't seen the "seniority" aspect that you mention in the Bond or A/M verbage. Please point out that phraseology in the applicable laws.

If we use your integration scenario, I see only a very delayed upgrade. I watch as AT pilots with a later DOH are put in above me. You see a hefty raise, better QOL, and an increase in opportunities (domiciles, schedules cities.....) Sounds like a windfall to me.

Last edited:
Look, this is simple. Put the pre-1993 SWA hires on the list. Then figure out the ratio of the remaining pilots and use it. No bump/no flush and the list is done. Simple.

Simple? Hardly.

Some might see that as a windfall for every SWA pilot hired before 1993.

DOH is meaningless when comparing two different seniority lists. Relative seniority is fair no matter how you look at it.

DOH is meaningless when comparing two different seniority lists. Relative seniority is fair no matter how you look at it.

That's why the Northwest 747 guys got the top 500 slots on the new seniority list? That's a perfect example of relative, right?

Gup

AirTran guys...Please leave these threads alone. Leave it up to the merger committees/arbitrator(s). Stop posting what you think the list will look like.

Anybody at Aircritter that thinks a AT 2000 hire or above is going to be in left seat anymore is on as much crack as those thinking a staple is going to happen.

It ain't happening get over the crack fix. A bunch of critterboys are headed back to the right seat.

That's why the Northwest 747 guys got the top 500 slots on the new seniority list? That's a perfect example of relative, right?

Gup

Dunno where you got this info, but it isn't true. Didn't happen that way...not by a long shot.

If you want to spread FUD, at least use "facts" someone can't call you on...

Nu

Hey man. Had a Delta pilot on my jumpseat that told me that. I figgered he knew.

Care to give me the facts instead of calling me a liar?

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back