• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI Time to step away from the forum

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not only AirTran guys predicted that, but also, GK when he talked to SWAPA early last week, BJ when he was in ATL crew room, both legal teams for ALPA and SWAPA, and pilots of all other airlines.
Only SC and the 5%ers are convinced otherwise.

First your statement is factually inaccurate. Unless you are on the SWAPA BOD or NC you don't know what GK and SWAPA discussed. Also again unless you are on the SWAPA NC or BOD you have not been briefed by the SWAPA legal team so you don't know what their opinion is. Third have you talked to at least one pilot from every single airline that agreed with your opinion? Because thats what you stated.

What are you trying to accomplish? Truth is no one knows with how this will end and its out of our hands anyway. Why keep posting this stuff when it has zero effect on the outcome? Statements like yours just upset people. Please reread the first post and intent of the thread.

Last edited:
Dude you are way off base. SL9 was a total loser for SWA pilots. It would never have passed our membership. Anything close to SL9 is a total WIN for the AAI pilots and total loss for SWA pilots. Gimme some of that blunt!
:pimp:

What's great is that you won't be able to vote for the arbitration award. It will be handed to you. Too bad someone offered such a turd to begin with. Welcome to mergers. Godspeed!

OYS

Got it! So stop making predictions except for the one above that you keep repeating over and over again.

Here's a prediction. AAI's MEC keeps making it harder and harder for GK to integrate and they will achieve that goal.

Other groups probably will make it easy, like the flight attendants and ground people. They want the double pay now. But, most of them aren't losing seniority (except the flight attendants that get bumped out of ATL). Your integration has already started, with departments moving from ATL to DAL already. You just never know, but someone may eventually just say "it's binding arbitration. Sorry, just deal with it."

OYS

OYS,

Clueless as usual. Let me update you...

The mechanics are at odds. Walked away from the table.

The FA's at SW won't take any attitude from the AAI FA's. (possibly the most militant union at SW)

Dispatchers? Good luck.

Even the training instructors are at odds. AAI is demanding DOH from their pilot dates. SW instructors start over when they enter the training center.

So as you can see with fairly accurate information, the intergration is not looking good. The AAI pilots are just the beginning. I guarantee you that Gary is taking notice. If the pilot list is going south, he probably will just pull the plug. Would you want to deal with the rest?

OYS,

Clueless as usual. Let me update you...

The mechanics are at odds. Walked away from the table.

The FA's at SW won't take any attitude from the AAI FA's. (possibly the most militant union at SW)

Dispatchers? Good luck.

Even the training instructors are at odds. AAI is demanding DOH from their pilot dates. SW instructors start over when they enter the training center.

So as you can see with fairly accurate information, the intergration is not looking good. The AAI pilots are just the beginning. I guarantee you that Gary is taking notice. If the pilot list is going south, he probably will just pull the plug. Would you want to deal with the rest?

Clueless as usual? Not when it came to the arbitration issue. I have been pointing that out for the last 3 months. I knew it could come to this. You guys stated the AT guys would take the money, and I guess their MEC thinks the junior guys could get screwed. As far as the other employees, they will probably give in if they get a bit more, but that isn't the case it seems for the pilots, and that is something now you have to worry about. It will be interesting to watch.

Godspeed my friend.

OYS

Only on Flightinfo could even this thread turn ugly. Seems like some on both sides plus some outside folks just thrive on adding fear and stress to others lives.

Bump

Less than 2 hours since this thread dropped off page one and the forum gets ugly again.

You forgot option 6.

Federal court seeking a restraining order/injunction against SWA for mcCaskill/bond violations.

Latest resources

Back