• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI Time to step away from the forum

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
between mcCaskill/Bond,potential breech of contract and bad faith negotiations, swa could be on a very slippery slope. If damages are incurred to AAI as a result then. TRO followed by an injunction is absolutely the tools a judge can use.

The whole process would cost millions, damages could go to the tens of millions and the multi year slugfest would certainly erode the coveted "culture". SWA just needs to be fair and live up to their agreements...even if some swa fo's get pissed of because their golden entitlement has been delayed.

Dude, you've been watching one too many legal TV shows and are just mixing/matching legal terms but it's coming out as complete mumbo jumbo.

I'm not trying to be anal about spelling but it's breach, not breech. Which contract do you think has been breached? An agreement is not a contract.

Careful on bad faith negotiations. I could make a case for that on the part of AAIALPA.

What exactly is a TRO supposed to restrain? I'm really confused by that. Selling off assets? What would be the legal basis for a TRO? It's not McCaskill-Bond.

Now let's really get to the bottom line here. Are you ready to slug this out in court for a decade or more, paying your lawyer to keep the fight going?

For the sake of this job (no longer a profession), I'd love to see an amicable agreement reached by both sides. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.
No one knows how this is going to play out. I'm a sideline observer pointing out things for both sides to think about. Granted, I've got a perspective that most AAI pilots don't want to hear. But I've got to tell ya, I really think you're committing seppuku in public. Just my opinion which is, quite frankly, worth nothing.

Andy

I'm not going to check your post history but I'm sure that you've waded into other stinkfests that are outside your lane. And I don't see you making the same statement to OYS or Gen Lee. While I can understand that you don't like my opinion, I have tried to be courteous. Of course we all know that courteous pilot is an oxymoron so I request that you allow for some indiscretions on my part.
Ain't that the truth. I'm beginning to think that Lear 70, Ty Webb, GLEE, OYS, FubiJakar, Kharma Police and JonJuan are all the same dude.

Ty and Lear want to feign intelligent debate while the other hornets buzz around attacking the site but when you start offering up an opinion that deviates from their world view or the ALPA message then all of a sudden you're a "radical".

Funny stuff. What ALPA won't tell their membership and what Lear 70, Ty Webb and PCL refuse to acknowledge is that there is no law, no requirement, nothing at all that forces Mr. Kelly to make former AAI pilots, SWA pilots. Hence the reason he has always used the word "If".

between mcCaskill/Bond,potential breech of contract and bad faith negotiations, swa could be on a very slippery slope. If damages are incurred to AAI as a result then. TRO followed by an injunction is absolutely the tools a judge can use.

The whole process would cost millions, damages could go to the tens of millions and the multi year slugfest would certainly erode the coveted "culture". SWA just needs to be fair and live up to their agreements...even if some swa fo's get pissed of because their golden entitlement has been delayed.

I see you flew the 9 and the L 1011. Please tell me you did not fly for EAL after the strike in 89

Ain't that the truth. I'm beginning to think that Lear 70, Ty Webb, GLEE, OYS, FubiJakar, Kharma Police and JonJuan are all the same dude.

I can guarantee you that Lear, Ty, GL, and OYS are different people. I don't know about the rest; jonjuan's always been a wingnut. I don't remember reading much/anything from Fubi and Kharma in years past.

Andy has a point and thats is what SWA is doing. Following the process Agreement. Just letting it all play out. It's not a contract. Can hold a company to the fire. Been saying since day one.

Latest resources

Back