SWA-AAI Going Rogue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the General has NO life.

No, I actually have a great life. Besides having a great wife that makes a lot more money than I do, I get to fly what I want, where I want. I just did a great Asia trip that had a Saipan layover, and it was facinating.

Regardless, HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR! I love you guys.

Bye Bye---General Lee

AMF, you complain about your Union and then go around them and try to negotiate in public . . . Are you kidding me?

I guess expressing excitement and hope over the great things ahead is some sort of threat to unity? It's no secret how huge this is for nearly every AAI guy/girl. I guess it's also inappropriate to find concern in the actions of some who act as if they wish this deal wouldn't happen?

So Ty, must every AT pilot stay in line with the union and particularly this MEC regardless of their actions? There's plenty to be concerned with right now. Many are unhappy with how LH and TO are handling things lately.

First is TO, the well known SWA-hater, promising repeatedly that there is no such thing as a transition team. Then LH tells the group there IS a transition team, and he's heading it. WTFO? Then, making threats with the Strike Committee. This may be the worst time to show aggression. I would hate to see Gary get spooked. After the recall (the first recall that is), who knows what's next!

I am excited about this deal! There is much to be gained, but I have concerns as well. I see certain people making decisions that could screw this up, and I find it hard to sit and quietly watch this go down the tubes.

I guess expressing excitement and hope over the great things ahead is some sort of threat to unity? It's no secret how huge this is for nearly every AAI guy/girl. I guess it's also inappropriate to find concern in the actions of some who act as if they wish this deal wouldn't happen?

So Ty, must every AT pilot stay in line with the union and particularly this MEC regardless of their actions? There's plenty to be concerned with right now. Many are unhappy with how LH and TO are handling things lately.

First is TO, the well known SWA-hater, promising repeatedly that there is no such thing as a transition team. Then LH tells the group there IS a transition team, and he's heading it. WTFO? Then, making threats with the Strike Committee. This may be the worst time to show aggression. I would hate to see Gary get spooked. After the recall (the first recall that is), who knows what's next!

I am excited about this deal! There is much to be gained, but I have concerns as well. I see certain people making decisions that could screw this up, and I find it hard to sit and quietly watch this go down the tubes.

Wall St likes this merger, and GK has gone on record saying how great it would be for SWA. I don't see GK getting spooked at all, he will just have to fork out the same money for AT people as he is doing for SWA people, to keep that "culture" alive. It is just that simple.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bob,

It seems like you have some problems with the "trannies", and maybe it stems from getting the boot during an interview there? It is puzzling, but obvious. Oh wait, you have turned into an arbitrator yourself and have already decided your own SLI for them, after hearing from all sides of course?

So, you fly the MD11? How is Centurion Air Cargo in MIA?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Centurian is awesome!! Thanks for asking! You're awesome too!

The fact is that an arbitrator knows how much of a windfall this is for he Trannies. I also predict that the arbitrator will rule that a staple is 'fair' in this case, considering that if it came down to a vote of the pilot group, an overwhelming majority would be thrilled with a staple to SWA. Just the greedy senior trannie captains wouldbe the only NO votes.

In any case, looking forward to you bashing your new best AirTran CA friends here now,( because SWA is moving into ATL) after this whole merger is done.

You're awesome dude and your principles are amazing. Way to go bro. Have fun at Spondivitz with your new best pal Ty on the ATL layover!

Yeah, must be awesome flying CA on an MD11 for AirTran FO wages

I thought pay didn't matter? I thought one's status was predicated ONLY on one's seniority and had nothing to do with one's company and contract?

So...despite the wide pay and status disparity between Centaurian and Airtran, you'd offer relative seniority to their list if AAI acquired them. Right?

Can't the same be said for airtrans captains versus saw fo pay?

Say what you want. Sure, that's it! :rolleyes:

It's actually about $11./hr difference, plus I get an awesome schedule, an easy commute, and I get to fly with my favorite CA every day.

I luv ya, man, but you're not getting my seat. Sorry. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back