• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the Euro falls apart....which it will....look out. We all may be looking at stagnation as the good ol days.

A simple mirror will be sufficient to see where the problem lies if there are attitude problems.

The dust will not settle for awhile but simply brushing it off and doing what both airlines have done before will be the order of the day.

I agree. I find that if I just ignore problems they always either go away or just fix themselves.

Gup

Best advice I've heard is don't bid Chicago trips thinking it's party land, one guy told me the last trip out of there every FA was gay, grannie, or grande

Ya'all the other day in Midway we were following a AAI B737 31C circle 22L, they flew a pattern that took them over downtown and then when they landed on 22L they turned right onto the taxiway. The tower controller said your other left. There they sat for at least 15 minutes waiting to cross back towards the terminal. If you have flown into Midway turning right off 22L does not allow you to taxi towards the gate without crossing the active runway once again.

The point is the future of SWA will be a lot of new things for all involved. There will be a few little mistakes like this one where we will roll our eyes and say that crew is inexperienced. Both sides will screw up and you know what, it happened before this deal and it will happen after. If the worse thing that happens is someone turns the wrong way off the runway we will all be okay.

Ya'all the other day in Midway we were following a AAI B737 31C circle 22L, they flew a pattern that took them over downtown and then when they landed on 22L they turned right onto the taxiway. The tower controller said your other left. There they sat for at least 15 minutes waiting to cross back towards the terminal. If you have flown into Midway turning right off 22L does not allow you to taxi towards the gate without crossing the active runway once again.

The point is the future of SWA will be a lot of new things for all involved. There will be a few little mistakes like this one where we will roll our eyes and say that crew is inexperienced. Both sides will screw up and you know what, it happened before this deal and it will happen after. If the worse thing that happens is someone turns the wrong way off the runway we will all be okay.

Thanks Chuck Yeager! The Airtran guys will say the same thing about you as you overfly the White House on your first trip "down the river" at DCA. Roll your eyes.....

Bye Bye----General Lee

Why is Yeager the ICAO standard for the aviation metaphor? I would think Sean Tucker or Bob Hoover would be better.

Thanks Chuck Yeager! The Airtran guys will say the same thing about you as you overfly the White House on your first trip "down the river" at DCA. Roll your eyes.....

Bye Bye----General Lee

Doesn't matter..... The White House has been empty going on 3 years now.

Yeah the river visual is such a complex approach.....

Besides, us corn dogs have been hand flying our 200's 6 legs a day, 5 days a week for twenty years now. With some coaching from the Delta Professionals, we might get the hang of it.

You just added over 130 airframes....yet you call that zero growth? The SLI is very far from being equitable, but it is what it is. The really humourous thing is SWAPA using the 717 payrates as a bargaining chip. A sizable amount of the available upgrades will be on that airplane, albeit at the lower rate. Ye reap what ye sow.

It is zero growth because they come with 1700 pissed off pilots which is about 300 more than are required. As stated all new deliveries will just replace other airframes. Zero growth and overstaffed. I foresee min pay lines for a LONG time to come. Should just add to the fun.

I'll make this easy. My words are the blue ones. :beer:

My question is for you super smart pilots that can see the future That's me!: How is this going to play out?

1. Will a 717 ever be in SWA colors? No.
Will they be dumped prior to us coming over to SWA. Probably.
Example they dump one bring those pilots for training and pick up a 737 to put them in? Not a 1 for 1 transition. Depends on who bids what.

2. If the 717 is dumped before it gets SWA paint is there a furlough on AAI side? Maybe a short term one. Unless those 717 pilots leave with those planes.

3. How long will it take for AAI to become SWA completely? I was looking at 30 months from the first offer... Does that still sound correct? 60-72 months is becoming more realistic every day. If ever.

4. Does SWA have a 737 ground school for non-typed pilots? No. But I guess there will be a "long course" now.
Will 717 guys need to get a type between here and there. No.

5. What will 717 pay be? If they do go to your side of the fence... I'm guessing SWAPA will negotiate a rate. Current ALPA book rate. It will be an ALPA plane for a long time...

I'm also guessing SWAPA pilots will want those Capt. seats etc. Doubt SWA pilots will want them. They can just upgrade in the 737's that are replacing the 717's as they are sold off/parked.

6. Will I ever see a SWA paycheck before 2013? Are you on the 737? If not, then no.

Anything else I can help you with?

Latest resources

Back