• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll have to say that I am not impressed with the SWA reverse in attitude through this process. If I recall, the first Atlanta round up where drinks and food were provided, a nice speech was made relative to how well we were all going to work together and how Swapa viewed everyone of the AT pilots as part of the team. Well, negotiation or not, you guys revealed your true spirit. Words and attitudes have been thrown around that can only be described as childish and disrespectful.
I am looking forward to being a Southwest Pilot, but you guys now look like the "average" pilot to the rest of the industry. You've chosen a "me first" attitude no different than the guys at USair. I hope as we transition, SWA can still show how great of a company you really are. As I said all along, Airtran is not going to be the one to ruin the Southwest Culture, you would ruin it yourselves.
I have several buds that fly for SW, they all agree...

This post is BS!

I'll have to say that I am not impressed with the SWA reverse in attitude through this process. If I recall, the first Atlanta round up where drinks and food were provided, a nice speech was made relative to how well we were all going to work together and how Swapa viewed everyone of the AT pilots as part of the team. Well, negotiation or not, you guys revealed your true spirit. Words and attitudes have been thrown around that can only be described as childish and disrespectful.
I am looking forward to being a Southwest Pilot, but you guys now look like the "average" pilot to the rest of the industry. You've chosen a "me first" attitude no different than the guys at USair. I hope as we transition, SWA can still show how great of a company you really are. As I said all along, Airtran is not going to be the one to ruin the Southwest Culture, you would ruin it yourselves.
I have several buds that fly for SW, they all agree...

How does someone REALLY know that a poster is from the airline they claim and not just yanking chains?

For all we know the Crow isn't even a pilot?

Just business? Of course it is. However the way the groups approach "the business" can pollute the flight deck for YEARS.

Unfortunately, the SWA pilots on FI.com have proven to be litterbugs.

Just business? Of course it is. However the way the groups approach "the business" can pollute the flight deck for YEARS.

Just ask ALPA. They have been doing it for years. Their deals have been polluting flight decks for half a century.

Asked a United bud how there deal was going and he just laughed. He told me the only thing that is keeping the United guys from strangling the Co. Guys is the fact that they both hate management so much. Then throw in domestic regional issues and trying to bring those guys onboard with so many mainline guys still furloughed, well, you can imagine the mess.

I gave him a brief rundown on the SWA situation and he basically said with your management, your pay and working conditions anybody who bitched should be summarily executed on the spot. Then he got serious and said "don't let anyone f@&$k that up for you guys". We both started at Eastern together and he had to remind me how bad it was at the end. I guess I forgot with almost 22 years of relative peace and quiet and stability what working under those conditions was like. I am not alone though, I believe the vast majority of the SWA guys are starting to realize that it could become very ugly, very quickly and will do what ever it takes to keep anyone from F$&@king this up.
This reality is what drives trolls from other airlines bat******************** like Fudgy/OYS/General lee Lumberg etc.......GOOD. We must be doing something right.

Just ask ALPA. They have been doing it for years. Their deals have been polluting flight decks for half a century.

Asked a United bud how there deal was going and he just laughed. He told me the only thing that is keeping the United guys from strangling the Co. Guys is the fact that they both hate management so much. Then throw in domestic regional issues and trying to bring those guys onboard with so many mainline guys still furloughed, well, you can imagine the mess.

I gave him a brief rundown on the SWA situation and he basically said with your management, your pay and working conditions anybody who bitched should be summarily executed on the spot. Then he got serious and said "don't let anyone f@&$k that up for you guys". We both started at Eastern together and he had to remind me how bad it was at the end. I guess I forgot with almost 22 years of relative peace and quiet and stability what working under those conditions was like. I am not alone though, I believe the vast majority of the SWA guys are starting to realize that it could become very ugly, very quickly and will do what ever it takes to keep anyone from F$&@king this up.
This reality is what drives trolls from other airlines bat******************** like Fudgy/OYS/General lee Lumberg etc.......GOOD. We must be doing something right.

i second that, we will have the combined 20%, but the rest of us 80% are the ones that will keep this train going full speed ahead.

Latest resources

Back