• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, we, as a whole, want to give you guys preferential interviews and would settle on a staple.

It's up to the MCs to come up with something "equitable"......

Sounds better then fair. How ever things work out do you think you could tell your flight attendants it's our first flight so we can be properly welcomed to swa?

Sounds better then fair. How ever things work out do you think you could tell your flight attendants it's our first flight so we can be properly welcomed to swa?

LOL... It's been far too long....... Actually, I'm hoping you bring a younger crop with you guys.....

I think that is another area where you guys will feel that we aren't bring anything to the table.

Speak for yourself... 2 cute blondes on my flight back from LGA-ATL yesterday, at least half a dozen sitting ready reserve down in MCO... HR is doing a good job with the new ones being hired (at least from my perspective on attractiveness and attitude).

Hope we don't make their life miserable on RR and they quit in the first few months. :(

Nothing new here to discuss. So the company that bought us pays more per hour. That doesn't mean you're somehow entitled to my seniority, no matter how you may justify it to yourselves. History and the law are telling you the same thing. See ya on the other side.

On a related note: that flying mesuem at Love field is good. Its so up to date with the history of Southwest, it even shows tranny purchase. SWA employees and tranny crew members (yes all their employees, I know it sounds retarded) get in for FREE + up to 3 people.

You should check it out, when your in training Ty Webb.

Speak for yourself... 2 cute blondes on my flight back from LGA-ATL yesterday, at least half a dozen sitting ready reserve down in MCO... HR is doing a good job with the new ones being hired (at least from my perspective on attractiveness and attitude).

Hope we don't make their life miserable on RR and they quit in the first few months. :(

Lear I was talking about the female FA's I'm sure there are plenty of cute dudes if your into that;)

PCL-
Why are you fanning the flames?

wave, it seems to me that the one fanning the flames here is the one claiming that he should get a "significant gain" in relative seniority at the expense of the AirTran pilots. If you think that, you should really just keep it to yourself. It's only going to serve to get everyone pissed off, and that's not productive. You'll notice that I haven't said a single thing here about what I expect from the SLI. Neither have Ty, Lear, Kharma, or the other AirTran posters. That shouldn't be publicly debated. It's up to the MCs to work out, and possibly an arbitrator. Talking about it here just "fans the flames."

Why are you intensely trying to raise the SLI expectations of AT pilots?

I think the expectations of the AirTran pilots are right in line with reality. I'm not trying to raise or lower them. I think the MC has done a good job in reminding everyone that arbitration is unpredictable, also. But when SWA pilots issue these ridiculous threats, I think someone should call BS. That's all I'm doing, and I'll continue to do it.

Why are you trying to discount all the benefits of this deal to AT pilots?

I think both pilot groups share in the benefits. I believe upgrade times for SWA pilots will significantly drop. I think we'll see massive growth over the coming years as the synergies are realized, which benefits everyone equally. I think you'll get to fly international routes that you otherwise never would have flown. I don't believe for a second that all of the benefits are on the side of the AirTran pilots. I think it's disingenuous for you to imply that they are. I also don't believe that an arbitrator will buy it.

wave, it seems to me that the one fanning the flames here is the one claiming that he should get a "significant gain" in relative seniority at the expense of the AirTran pilots. If you think that, you should really just keep it to yourself. It's only going to serve to get everyone pissed off, and that's not productive. You'll notice that I haven't said a single thing here about what I expect from the SLI. Neither have Ty, Lear, Kharma, or the other AirTran posters. That shouldn't be publicly debated. It's up to the MCs to work out, and possibly an arbitrator. Talking about it here just "fans the flames."

I think the expectations of the AirTran pilots are right in line with reality. I'm not trying to raise or lower them. I think the MC has done a good job in reminding everyone that arbitration is unpredictable, also. But when SWA pilots issue these ridiculous threats, I think someone should call BS. That's all I'm doing, and I'll continue to do it.

I think both pilot groups share in the benefits. I believe upgrade times for SWA pilots will significantly drop. I think we'll see massive growth over the coming years as the synergies are realized, which benefits everyone equally. I think you'll get to fly international routes that you otherwise never would have flown. I don't believe for a second that all of the benefits are on the side of the AirTran pilots. I think it's disingenuous for you to imply that they are. I also don't believe that an arbitrator will buy it.

Very good points. If I was a SWA guy I would give you guys what ever you want just to get you on the list. I did not know they would get all theses benefits. International flying is the big one. Do you even get a pay bump for your International flying ? You will probably get it with SWAPA. I think they will give you what you want because you deserve it. Why should you have to give up anything. You are entitled to it.

Latest resources

Back