• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's no one talking about me, or anyone else on our forums. In fact, there isn't really any discussion at all about SLI, and certainly no personal attacks about any pilots, SWA or AAI.

Kind of says which pilot group is taking the high road, doesn't it?

You know, you guys talk a good "culture" and "high standards", but when I look at the personal attacks, the whining, the threats, and the cowardly behavior of some of the SWA guys on this forum, it really paints a different picture.

It's easy to take the high road when you are guaranteed a win.
What you are witnessing is a bunch of really good guys who run a very real risk of having their careers harmed by this deal with very little chance that their careers will be enhanced by it. For the AAI guys the gains are certain due to the SWAPA contract. For the SWA guys its sorta like taking a PC. The best case scenario for us is no losses. Not that it makes it OK but being in a no win position is frustrating. Frustrated people are known to say less than tactful things.

Last edited:
It's easy to take the high road when you are guaranteed a win.
What you are witnessing is a bunch of really good guys who run a very real risk of having their careers harmed by this deal with very little chance that their careers will be enhanced by it. For the AAI guys the gains are certain due to the SWAPA contract. For the SWA guys its sorta like taking a PC. The best case scenario for us is no losses. Not that it makes it OK but being in a no win position is frustrating. Frustrated people are known to say less than tactful things.

Good post. Well put.

And FYI, we do have a great culture at SWA, which we do look forward to welcoming AAI fellows to. But if our career progressions take more delay, as they well could from this deal, then don't be surprised if we're not all singing and dancing when you get here. Oh, and it says nothing negative about our culture for us to have some private laughs at a couple of your company clowns.

I just wanted to thank all the SWA guys who chimed in with there expectations. Since we can't talk about SLI I had zero idea what your side of the fence wanted. I can now adjust my expectations accordingly.

He did say you had a nice little holiday together ..... :)

Who said it was a "He" don't you have some "She" trannies over there? Anyway, my tranny is with me always. I thought my tranny was truthful.... going to have to checkout that message board myself, since my tranny lies.

I just wanted to thank all the SWA guys who chimed in with there expectations. Since we can't talk about SLI I had zero idea what your side of the fence wanted. I can now adjust my expectations accordingly.

What started out as an acorn is growing into an oak tree thanks to all the LUV and attention from a lot of the WN posters here who continue to fertilize it with bull sqeeze.

Or, from their point of view, a thistle seed is turning into an over-grown thorny briar patch thanks to Genital and OY6 watering it with their recycled beer.

Either way, we reap what we sow and eventually we're all going to have to live with it.

Who said it was a "He" don't you have some "She" trannies over there? Anyway, my tranny is with me always. I thought my tranny was truthful.... going to have to checkout that message board myself, since my tranny lies.

Yes your pet lies. No talk about anyone, execpt union officers.

I'll be looking for a new tranny... Now!

Latest resources

Back