• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI: Acquisition or Merger??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys......Gary Kelly has a responsibility to the shareholders. The SEC filing are what SW legal team are required to file to highlight their legal plans regarding the Airtran deal. This isn't a document created by SWAPA or ALPA, it was created by SW. I once again invite all to read it. SW management has made it very clear that in order to achieve revenue synergies a swift integration is priority one. Also guys, integration includes all 43,000 employees of both airlines, not just the 7600 pilots. I really don't think there really is a difference in the two words, the meat and potatoes are the SEC filings. Like it or not this deal is inevitable, and if we care about our careers and the health of SW, we all should hope for the quickest and efficient integration of these two airlines.

funny,

Brother don't get to fired up. I have read the whole SEC filing. Your mgt is not coming with the plan. I think the synergies will be giving to us right off the bat. This will be via code sharing with the AT side. Gary will have you and your airplanes to what ever he wants, that's fact. Plus you will see a pay raise over night when your pay goes from hourly to tfp. It's all good. We know the deal is going through. What would AT do with fuel going up like it is?

And any comment on how an AirTran integration might change the calculus, the number of levers you have and so forth?
Gary Kelly – Southwest Airlines Co. – Chairman of the Board, President & CEO
To change the —?
Unidentified Audience Member
Calculus on how you respond to higher fuel prices.
Well, I think AirTran is, again, for us, without regard to the experts at AirTran for a second, it’s just fertile territory. So, it — it’s just inconceivable to me that changes won’t be made to the AirTran network over the course of the next couple of years. I just want to do that when we are fully informed and very purposeful. So adding 138 airplanes with $100-plus crude oil does get your attention. And so, yes, I think that that will certainly cause us to be careful and cautious as we are bringing on those airplanes.

And it’s a little premature to describe what our thoughts are for 2012 or 2013 yet, but absolutely. That’s — our primary focus, Phil, will be taking those 138 airplanes and putting those 138 airplanes into productive, integrated service for Southwest.
I bet I’m getting the hook.
Jamie Baker – JPMorgan Chase & Co. – Analyst
I really appreciate it.
Thank you, Jamie. Thank you all for being here.

Funny,

Do you know how many employees at SWA are Shareholders? It's our culture that is what is important and the success of this company.

Here's how it was explained to me by someone in the know: AirTran is getting bought by Southwest, period. AirTran pilots will be stapled since there is no requirement to merge the seniority lists because Southwest pilots are not represented by ALPA. Just in case ALPA continues to drag this out, Guadaloupe Holdings was formed and the former AirTran pilots will remain there until they agree to being stapled or until Southwest slowly sheds the business of Guadaloupe. Preferential interviews will be offered to Guadaloupe pilots in order to get the pilots that want to be Southwest pilots over sooner while the holdouts simply stay at Guadaloupe.

Bob

Seriously! All the AirTran guys have placed you on their ignore list so you can stop speaking stupid now.

Your fear campaign has failed.

"in the know"--now that is a funny one.

"Baghdad Bob" Dylan is a SWA pilot who has been posing this whole time as a non-SWA Pilot.

"We will roast your stomachs and staple them to the backside of our seniority list". . . . . :rolleyes:

"There will be no AirTran Pilots on the SWA list". :laugh:

Last edited:
Here's how it was explained to me by someone in the know: AirTran is getting bought by Southwest, period. AirTran pilots will be stapled since there is no requirement to merge the seniority lists because Southwest pilots are not represented by ALPA. Just in case ALPA continues to drag this out, Guadaloupe Holdings was formed and the former AirTran pilots will remain there until they agree to being stapled or until Southwest slowly sheds the business of Guadaloupe. Preferential interviews will be offered to Guadaloupe pilots in order to get the pilots that want to be Southwest pilots over sooner while the holdouts simply stay at Guadaloupe.
:laugh::laugh:

Tool!!

The southwest skirts will call it whatever they want. Its a MERGER of operations. The only acquisition was when the sw girls acquired their type. It is still a MERGER of operations.

Fortunately, the pilots at Guadaloupe Airlines that really want to work at Southwest will be given that opportunity via a preferential interview. These pilots will essentially "leap frog" over the very holdout pilots who are currently preventing an integration.

What was once viewed as a bad thing by the junior guys at AirTran is now being viewed as a blessing because they will be senior to pilots that are currently senior to them at AirTran.

From what I'm being told from those guys on the inside, this is how it's playing out.

Latest resources

Back