• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI: Acquisition or Merger??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fortunately, the pilots at Guadaloupe Airlines that really want to work at Southwest will be given that opportunity via a preferential interview. These pilots will essentially "leap frog" over the very holdout pilots who are currently preventing an integration.

What was once viewed as a bad thing by the junior guys at AirTran is now being viewed as a blessing because they will be senior to pilots that are currently senior to them at AirTran.

From what I'm being told from those guys on the inside, this is how it's playing out.

Bob, put a lid on it, now. You are an embarrassment, and I doubt that you are a SWA employee, much less a SWA pilot.

Bob, put a lid on it, now. You are an embarrassment, and I doubt that you are a SWA employee, much less a SWA pilot.

Pretty sure he's a trash-hauler...Omni or something. I'm just don't get all the flame this guy unleashes in such diarrhea-like torrents. Tranny reject or termination, maybe? Funny to read all the fabricated stuff he spits out.

"I know this guy...."
"I was riding on this jumpseat...."
"An insider told me....."

Pretty sure he's a trash-hauler...Omni or something. I'm just don't get all the flame this guy unleashes in such diarrhea-like torrents. Tranny reject or termination, maybe? Funny to read all the fabricated stuff he spits out.

"I know this guy...."
"I was riding on this jumpseat...."
"An insider told me....."

Maybe "instructordude" finally saved up $10 for a new screen name...I can see it now "mom, can I have $10 and borrow your credit card?"

He's now headed to my ignore list as well, highly doubt he.'s a SW pilot and with any luck, he never will be!
KBB

AT Not To Merge With SWA

If it is only with a Sub LLC, why do we both talk about what is fair, sli, arbitration? ALPA will have to deal with GK/VD. This is what Eagle is to AMR, or what Continental express was to Continental (from a business point).

Any thoughts?

AirTran Stockholders Approve Southwest MergerMerger Currently Expected to Close in Second Quarter of 2011 - ORLANDO, Fla., March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), the parent company of AirTran Airways, announced today that its stockholders voted overwhelmingly to approve the merger of a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) with and into AirTran at a special meeting held today in Orlando. More than 98.6 percent of the votes cast and 77.5 percent of shares outstanding were voted in favor of the transaction.

"We are grateful for our stockholders' strong vote of confidence in this merger," said Bob Fornaro, AirTran's chairman, president and chief executive officer. "In approving the transaction, our stockholders recognized the value of bringing together AirTran and Southwest to create a platform for increased profitability and sustainable long-term value."
AirTran and Southwest announced the proposed merger on September 27, 2010. The companies are awaiting clearance on the proposed merger from the United States Department of Justice. The merger is currently expected to close by during the second quarter of 2011.
Until the acquisition is approved and finalized, both carriers will continue to operate independently. For more information, please visit: www.lowfaresfarther.com.

If it is only with a Sub LLC, why do we both talk about what is fair, sli, arbitration? ALPA will have to deal with GK/VD. This is what Eagle is to AMR, or what Continental express was to Continental (from a business point).

Any thoughts?

AirTran Stockholders Approve Southwest MergerMerger Currently Expected to Close in Second Quarter of 2011 - ORLANDO, Fla., March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), the parent company of AirTran Airways, announced today that its stockholders voted overwhelmingly to approve the merger of a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) with and into AirTran at a special meeting held today in Orlando. More than 98.6 percent of the votes cast and 77.5 percent of shares outstanding were voted in favor of the transaction.

"We are grateful for our stockholders' strong vote of confidence in this merger," said Bob Fornaro, AirTran's chairman, president and chief executive officer. "In approving the transaction, our stockholders recognized the value of bringing together AirTran and Southwest to create a platform for increased profitability and sustainable long-term value."
AirTran and Southwest announced the proposed merger on September 27, 2010. The companies are awaiting clearance on the proposed merger from the United States Department of Justice. The merger is currently expected to close by during the second quarter of 2011.
Until the acquisition is approved and finalized, both carriers will continue to operate independently. For more information, please visit: www.lowfaresfarther.com.

Go back to your c-150!

Latest resources

Back