• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 2006 Hiring Projections--->700!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it's 700, then I have a 1.5% chance of getting hired!!! If 500, then that % goes down to .75!!!:bawling: :beer:

If I were Higher Power (or Kit Darby) I would spread how SWA is gonna hire 1000 next year

why stop at 700?

PHXFLYR said:
Someone done cracked the code!! I find it interesting that Higher Power,who is in the business of selling type ratings,says 700 new hires while SW HR folks are calling for 500. Something just doesn't sound right here.

PHXFLYR:cool:

ahhhh....I'm not sure where to start.

The 700 number was not made up by Mark at Higher Power. But the hiring estimates typically vary because no one really knows for sure. You can count on 450+. 700 has been mentioned by someone at the company and is now starting to spread like wildfire. It's possible but I'll believe it when I see it.

PHXFLYR,

paranoia will get you down. Try to shake it off. The folks at Higher Power are not out to get anyone.

Don't impune Mark Sterns and Higher Power's integrity over the varying estimates. He is a great guy, yes I am a HP grad, but he is a great guy regardless. We at SWA are told the same feast or famine hiring numbers every few months.

kelbill said:
Don't impune Mark Sterns and Higher Power's integrity over the varying estimates. He is a great guy, yes I am a HP grad, but he is a great guy regardless. We at SWA are told the same feast or famine hiring numbers every few months.
I agree completely. I recently got a 727 rating (yes 727 not 737) at Higher Power. I have never seen a business that has more integrity, is friendlier or cares more about their customers than Higher Power. Every complaint/problem any student has is immediately addressed and fixed. The whole staff really cared about the students success. And it's obvious from all the little extras (ball park lunch for example) that building relationships is a very important part of their corporate culture.

I don't think that Southwest would support Higher Power the way they do if it was otherwise or if profit was the only thing that mattered there.

I got my 737 tpye from K&S 3 years ago. They were a great school too, but Higher Power is tops in friendliness, caring and service.

Last edited:
If Mark says 700 then someone at Southwest who is in the know told him 700. Higher Power is in business to make money, as all business is, but not at the expense of being unethical. Look at the name of the school, believe me they do not have the capability of lying to get people into their school. In fact when I was there, they told us that things were slowing down at Southwest only to have Southwest come in that friday and tell us that it was picking back up. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Higher Power Aviation.

For those of you at air,inc in atl last week, whats up with hpa only giving away a 737 sic type. Thats about worthless. Did'ent they used to give away the whole type?

Mr Hat said:
If Mark says 700 then someone at Southwest who is in the know told him 700. Higher Power is in business to make money, as all business is, but not at the expense of being unethical. Look at the name of the school, believe me they do not have the capability of lying to get people into their school. In fact when I was there, they told us that things were slowing down at Southwest only to have Southwest come in that friday and tell us that it was picking back up. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Higher Power Aviation.

Amen to that. While they are in business to make money they would NOT make up numbers for the sake of drumming up even more. This number has come from internal to SWA and is simply being relayed.

Now all that said, the numbers at SWA are *constantly* changing and 700 may never appear next year. 450+ is for sure, just like 2005 will end up at about 450+.

Whatever the numbers are, I just wish my call for a class will happen soon.:D This water is deep and it's getting cold. I want to be out and dry before it freezes over. I guess with enough people in it, it won't freeze, so bring on the hiring to insulate us newbies.:beer:

Warm it up

If you biologically tint the water, to say a yellow hue, the water will magically warm up. Trust me, I spent 18 months drown-proofing. Best 18 months I ever waited for anything.

Slug

Latest resources

Back