Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

srjorion

Smile
At the Air Inc. conference today, Mark Sterns of Higher Power Aviation said that SW is predicting 700 new hires for 2006. This info came from the HR department reps that come and talk every Friday at HP.

I know there have been a lot of people out there waiting on the call. Hopefully those waiting will get some good news next year with these numbers. Good luck to all!

They said the same thing last year and the final number was something like 386? We are "only" taking 34 airplanes next year and retirements are around 170 so that would mean about 500. I like your number better though :)

1400*7895=over 11 million!! SWA won't have higher than a 50% select rate.

GuppyWN said:
They said the same thing last year and the final number was something like 386? We are "only" taking 34 airplanes next year and retirements are around 170 so that would mean about 500. I like your number better though :)

Mark said that two weeks ago they were preaching 500, but just changed their tune to 700 this past week. I'm optimistic and pessimistic at the same time, thus imploding from the confusion.

I like my number too, but would like it even better if I were one of those 700!

Last edited:
Hey SJ- did Butch hook you up with the AirTran skinny this weekend? He asked me to go but I had some family stuff out west. You're a SKW biatch now anyway, so don't be thinkin' about movin'. Besides, we'll probably buy their asses too eventually.

Jiggy

srjorion said:
I'm optimistic and pessimistic at the same time, thus imploding from the confusion.

I like my number too, but would like it even better if I were one of those 700!
That's sad that settling for less has made you so implodible.

FN FAL said:
That's sad that settling for less has made you so implodible.

Where do you get more?

Palomino said:
700*7895=$5,526,500

Someone done cracked the code!! I find it interesting that Higher Power,who is in the business of selling type ratings,says 700 new hires while SW HR folks are calling for 500. Something just doesn't sound right here.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Bring them on!! Baby!! You figure with wright going away we are planning on buying more airplanes... Lots of business for Higher Power!

Latest resources

Back